Recording from a music streaming service

JohannesO

I have subscription to a music streaming service. I would like to record music from this stream to listen to off-line (in my car).

The stream is continous music, with a short space of silence between each recording. At each silence, SoundTap stop recording, and I have to sit by in order to start the next recording.

Is there a way where SoundTap will start recording, whenever there is an audiostream present?

• 3 years later...
On 9/24/2019 at 1:25 PM, elk said:

yes, when there is a space of silence, SoundTap will stop recording, so in case you want to restart the recording, when the new song starts playing, you may need to manually click the Start Recording button. There is no work around. NCH Software formally takes suggestions or feedback about products through the form at http://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/

It might be this feature which is breaking my recordings.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

its probably related to the DELAYED RECORDING MODE FEATURE....hitting the Start Recording button, when the source has not yet started, and then SOUND TAP ACTUALLY starts to record when it hears sound.....

THE APP SHOULD BE RECONFIGURED TO RECORD THE SILENCE AS SOON AS THE RECORD BUTTON IS PRESSED, AND THEN FADE INTO RECORDING'S  FULL LEVEL WHEN THE SOUND STARTS ( TO AVOID A SUDDEN STARTUP OVER PEAK DISTORTION). IF THE INITIAL START UP CAN BE MADE PEAK DISTORTION FREE, THIS FEATURE CAN BE MADE SELECTIBLE.

BUT NO WAY THIS APP SHOULD SHUT ITSELF OFF WHEN THERE IS A SILENCE BETWEEN SONGS!

CAN WAVE PAD BE MADE TO RECORD STREAMING MAC AUDIO. IT SEAMS THAT BLACKHOLE DRIVERS, THAT ARE NEEDED FOR AUDACITY, ALSO SHOW UP IN SOUND TAPS PREFS... WOULD USING THESE DRIVERS, SOLVE THE "AUTO STOP RECORDING /SHUTOFF, WHEN SILENCE IS ENCOUNTERED" PROBLEM?