How can I save a title/text as a new file?

nayeon

How can I save a title/text as a new file?

so I can just replicate it on my next project.

For now,  all I do is that I just rework the same title/text for a second time.

But it may very difficult to remember what size, horizontal I adjust.

Anyone Got a way to do it without rework it every time I start a new project?

Hi

Simply create your text/title and place on the timeline. Do a snapshot which will save a png file to the folder set up for images in Options. This can then be used for any future project. It will, of course just be an image (but with the original transparency) however, the text will not be modifiable.

Nat

You could put in just the title you want to replicate on your timeline, save that as a project file under a name that will represent that title sequence.

Then when you do a new project using it, load the title project, add your videos, and save project under new name.

On 9/11/2018 at 8:42 AM, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

Simply create your text/title and place on the timeline. Do a snapshot which will save a png file to the folder set up for images in Options. This can then be used for any future project. It will, of course just be an image (but with the original transparency) however, the text will not be modifiable.

Nat

Oh, thank you,  I'll try this.     If i do not change the text content, I just put the image on the new project   right?

On 9/11/2018 at 8:56 AM, Miggy said:

You could put in just the title you want to replicate on your timeline, save that as a project file under a name that will represent that title sequence.

Then when you do a new project using it, load the title project, add your videos, and save project under new name.

yeah, that's exactly what I am doing it right now.   It seems the most convenient way to start a new project without doing the text again.

Hi

" If i do not change the text content, I just put the image on the new project   right? "

That's correct.  However If you want to change the text you won't be able to as it is just an image. BUT being a transparent png and provided the positioning is suitable in he first place you can add overlay text that will show through.  For example If the .png is  the main title that you use for every project  like " INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PAINT"  (A company name even)  each subsequent project about painting  could have this title  with "A DOOR"..."A WINDOW FRAME" etc. added beneath it. 

Saving your original title as a VP project file as you seem to be doing is also OK  but it's project file and so can't be used to add the title again to the timeline like an image and means copying and pasting the relevant clips from the timeline. At the end of the day it's horses for courses!

Nat