Import invoices from CSV

MartinGoosen

• 5 months later...

Hi Martin  

I am evaluating Express Invoice for a specific aplication where I need to always import a month at a time of new invoices.  Your post got me thinking about templates as I also could not make the thing work!  After messing around with CSV files for a couple of hours I belive I cracked it.

The import routine specifies Customer and Description as required fields what is missing is that you also need an Invoice code (I think they mean Invoice Number)

I they managed to import a CSV invoice file ok.  It also updates any new items with their prices.  I haven't checked to see if I can import new customers and their addresses.

If you have a problem try importing all the fields requested and them keep removing fields till it fails.  Then use the last one as your template

Hope this works for you

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thank you so much for your post.  I really appreciate the time you have taken.

If I understand correctly, you are saying that I should export an already created invoice on Express Invoicing to .csv format and then use this export as a template.  Is that correct?

If so, can you please advise how I export an already created file to .csv or if you can send me the template it would be greatly appreciated.

My email address is mgoosen82@gmail.com.

Once again, thank you kindly.

Martin

• 2 months later...
On 1/18/2019 at 6:29 PM, Richard Allan said:

Hi Martin  

I am evaluating Express Invoice for a specific aplication where I need to always import a month at a time of new invoices.  Your post got me thinking about templates as I also could not make the thing work!  After messing around with CSV files for a couple of hours I belive I cracked it.

The import routine specifies Customer and Description as required fields what is missing is that you also need an Invoice code (I think they mean Invoice Number)

I they managed to import a CSV invoice file ok.  It also updates any new items with their prices.  I haven't checked to see if I can import new customers and their addresses.

If you have a problem try importing all the fields requested and them keep removing fields till it fails.  Then use the last one as your template

Hope this works for you

Richard

Hi Richard, do you have sample CSV File, which we can use it as a template please?