Photo quality degrades when imported into media list and used

virtualfreak

I have v2.41 and this is my first time using VideoPad. I normally use Windows Movie Maker. When I created my first movie in videopad I noticed that the photo quality was drastically reduced from my original .jpgs

I created the same movie using Windows Movie Maker and the quality wasn't affected.

Any suggestions? I hope this isn't normal.

Thanks.

Hi

Normally VP produces excellent slideshow videos (better than WMM IMHO)but a lot depends on the bit size (and pixel size) of your images. What size images are you using, and what output settings have you in VP? Are you comparing them as a finished video or in preview:

For best results try not to use compressed images; 5-10 megapixel raw images straight from your camera will work fine. If you have already compressed them to a jpg then rendering them further to produce a DVD may give disappointing results.

Note also that the preview image is not representative of the final output quality..its only a preview and as such can appear blocky.

I often use static images (of static objects) within an HD film if I don't have a specific video clip. By using a pan or zoom with such an image (to give a feeling of movement) there is hardly any difference to note in the quality between the video and the image.

Nat

http://

Hi

Normally VP produces excellent slideshow videos (better than WMM IMHO)but a lot depends on the bit size (and pixel size) of your images. What size images are you using, and what output settings have you in VP? Are you comparing them as a finished video or in preview:

For best results try not to use compressed images; 5-10 megapixel raw images straight from your camera will work fine. If you have already compressed them to a jpg then rendering them further to produce a DVD may give disappointing results.

Note also that the preview image is not representative of the final output quality..its only a preview and as such can appear blocky.

I often use static images (of static objects) within an HD film if I don't have a specific video clip. By using a pan or zoom with such an image (to give a feeling of movement) there is hardly any difference to note in the quality between the video and the image.

Nat

My pictures are .jpg at 960 x 720 resolution. They look fine in WMM (windows Movie Maker) but in VideoPad they become all pixelated when I use .wma. Figured out that .avi format they turn out ok.