jamiejames

Purchases

Hi

i have entered some purchases/expenses in the apply purchase transaction option, and i want to know how i can view the entries. On my old accounting system, once i had entered all my business purchases such as stationary, utilities etc, i could print off a list at the end of each month and then staple the receipts to the report, i cant seem to view the expenses i am entering, does anyone know how to do this

thanks

James

Go to the Journal (Exp. Accounts Main menu--View--Journal) select the Start & End Date in the boxes then to the right select the Account: you wish to see such as purchase, business expense, etc. New window will open say Purchases--on that window's menu bar choose Preview to see it as a PDF or Click Report ( above the Preview button ) from the menu click Save As CSV which will save it as an Excel worksheet.

BradUSA

James

Go to the Journal (Exp. Accounts Main menu--View--Journal) select the Start & End Date in the boxes then to the right select the Account: you wish to see such as purchase, business expense, etc. New window will open say Purchases--on that window's menu bar choose Preview to see it as a PDF or Click Report ( above the Preview button ) from the menu click Save As CSV which will save it as an Excel worksheet.

BradUSA

Hi, I'm using Express Accounts 4.02 for Mac and found that when using the option Payments/Purchases - by default the transaction is recorded as PAYMENT. I then need to go to the Journal entries - edit that translation and change it to Purchases.

Example here would be Mobile Phone bill OR domain name Purchase.

What am I doing wrong? What is the underlying difference between Payment and Purchase in this case.

PS. Please don't confuse the Payment here with receiving a payment from a Customer.

Any help appreciated,

Peter

Hi, I'm using Express Accounts 4.02 for Mac and found that when using the option Payments/Purchases - by default the transaction is recorded as PAYMENT. I then need to go to the Journal entries - edit that translation and change it to Purchases.

Example here would be Mobile Phone bill OR domain name Purchase.

What am I doing wrong? What is the underlying difference between Payment and Purchase in this case.

PS. Please don't confuse the Payment here with receiving a payment from a Customer.

Any help appreciated,

Peter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To enter a purchase and have it recorded as a Purchase = it will show up in the Journal in the Purchase tab.

On the Quick Launch links--those in the shaded blue area on the home screen--click on Manual Journal Entry > from the drop down arrow choose Purchase and then fill in the other fields / entries as needed.

From businessdictionary.com Purchase=buy a product or service--office paper/light bulbs etc. Payment=an amount that is paid or payable--ISP/Hosting service or electric bill

BradUSA

My site