Purchases

jamiejames

Hi

i have entered some purchases/expenses in the apply purchase transaction option, and i want to know how i can view the entries. On my old accounting system, once i had entered all my business purchases such as stationary, utilities etc, i could print off a list at the end of each month and then staple the receipts to the report, i cant seem to view the expenses i am entering, does anyone know how to do this

thanks

• 1 month later...

James

Go to the Journal (Exp. Accounts Main menu--View--Journal) select the Start & End Date in the boxes then to the right select the Account: you wish to see such as purchase, business expense, etc. New window will open say Purchases--on that window's menu bar choose Preview to see it as a PDF or Click Report ( above the Preview button ) from the menu click Save As CSV which will save it as an Excel worksheet.

BradUSA

• 2 weeks later...

James

Go to the Journal (Exp. Accounts Main menu--View--Journal) select the Start & End Date in the boxes then to the right select the Account: you wish to see such as purchase, business expense, etc. New window will open say Purchases--on that window's menu bar choose Preview to see it as a PDF or Click Report ( above the Preview button ) from the menu click Save As CSV which will save it as an Excel worksheet.

BradUSA

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm using Express Accounts 4.02 for Mac and found that when using the option Payments/Purchases - by default the transaction is recorded as PAYMENT. I then need to go to the Journal entries - edit that translation and change it to Purchases.

Example here would be Mobile Phone bill OR domain name Purchase.

What am I doing wrong? What is the underlying difference between Payment and Purchase in this case.

PS. Please don't confuse the Payment here with receiving a payment from a Customer.

Any help appreciated,

Peter

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm using Express Accounts 4.02 for Mac and found that when using the option Payments/Purchases - by default the transaction is recorded as PAYMENT. I then need to go to the Journal entries - edit that translation and change it to Purchases.

Example here would be Mobile Phone bill OR domain name Purchase.

What am I doing wrong? What is the underlying difference between Payment and Purchase in this case.

PS. Please don't confuse the Payment here with receiving a payment from a Customer.

Any help appreciated,

Peter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To enter a purchase and have it recorded as a Purchase = it will show up in the Journal in the Purchase tab.

On the Quick Launch links--those in the shaded blue area on the home screen--click on Manual Journal Entry > from the drop down arrow choose Purchase and then fill in the other fields / entries as needed.

From businessdictionary.com Purchase=buy a product or service--office paper/light bulbs etc. Payment=an amount that is paid or payable--ISP/Hosting service or electric bill

BradUSA

My site