WavePad

kennywally

I don't like the dark colors, there should be a color/skin combo option

It does cut a track where you mark it, better that the old 3.05 did. [ I had to go in and verify the cut, and most times I had to redo it ] not so with the newer version

I purchased WavePad a couple years ago. Today, when I attempted to BURN an mp3 file onto a CD, I received a "trial version" message telling me I must now buy the program. Since I had already bought it and been using all the features successfully, I perused the nch site looking for a way to communicate the glitch, the bug. I then found a free download for the burn program and downloaded it. It didn't work - again I received the "trial version" message. So I uninstalled the Burn program, which uninstalled my Masters Edition. I then had nothing. There was no way to communicate to NCH support short of purchasing an expensive tech support program, which I don't believe I should have to do since I had already bought the program and the glitch was not my glitch. Convenient glitch too, I'd say. Since I needed to complete my work now for a deadline, I was forced to purchase both programs again. So the sub-standard marketing program worked. I noticed the Masters edition is nowhere near as comprehensive as the one I purchased a couple of years ago - it looks like a downgrade!!!

I KNOW I am not the only one to feel frustrated with the WavePad support system - there is no way to contact directly for help. I understand paying customers get the attention, but there should be SOME way for customers to report problems/glitches/bugs with the program without having to pay more. Quality, after all, is the responsibility of the seller, not the buyer. I paid an additional $8 dollars for tech support for the first month, but NOWHERE do I see information to contact anyone for this support. Instead the message on my software registration code email states: If you have difficulty using your software, please read the manual...or view www.nch.com.au/support... which merely takes you back to the FAQ and forums like this one. What did I pay the extra $8 for? It's only $8 but I never intended to GIVE it to you. You owe me lunch. Now, I just have to get to Australia.

I KNOW NCH software execs have this figured out to extract money without having to give any labor for it. It's obvious. Also, no subtotal or total of my purchases appeared after I checked the programs I wanted. I also tried the email you give in the software purchase serial numbers www.nch.com.au/support/reg.html but again, there is no direct contact available. Even the password to these forums is ridiculously long. It's as if everything is designed to make it difficult to get any kind of help.

This is great blog material. If i don't hear from you in a timely fashion (well within the warranty time of my $8 support fee), I will use it on my blog tour.

I purchased WavePad a couple years ago. Today, when I attempted to BURN an mp3 file onto a CD, I received a "trial version" message telling me I must now buy the program. Since I had already bought it and been using all the features successfully, I perused the nch site looking for a way to communicate the glitch, the bug. I then found a free download for the burn program and downloaded it. It didn't work - again I received the "trial version" message. So I uninstalled the Burn program, which uninstalled my Masters Edition. I then had nothing. There was no way to communicate to NCH support short of purchasing an expensive tech support program, which I don't believe I should have to do since I had already bought the program and the glitch was not my glitch. Convenient glitch too, I'd say. Since I needed to complete my work now for a deadline, I was forced to purchase both programs again. So the sub-standard marketing program worked. I noticed the Masters edition is nowhere near as comprehensive as the one I purchased a couple of years ago - it looks like a downgrade!!!

I KNOW I am not the only one to feel frustrated with the WavePad support system - there is no way to contact directly for help. I understand paying customers get the attention, but there should be SOME way for customers to report problems/glitches/bugs with the program without having to pay more. Quality, after all, is the responsibility of the seller, not the buyer. I paid an additional $8 dollars for tech support for the first month, but NOWHERE do I see information to contact anyone for this support. Instead the message on my software registration code email states: If you have difficulty using your software, please read the manual...or view www.nch.com.au/support... which merely takes you back to the FAQ and forums like this one. What did I pay the extra $8 for? It's only $8 but I never intended to GIVE it to you. You owe me lunch. Now, I just have to get to Australia.

I KNOW NCH software execs have this figured out to extract money without having to give any labor for it. It's obvious. Also, no subtotal or total of my purchases appeared after I checked the programs I wanted. I also tried the email you give in the software purchase serial numbers www.nch.com.au/support/reg.html but again, there is no direct contact available. Even the password to these forums is ridiculously long. It's as if everything is designed to make it difficult to get any kind of help.

This is great blog material. If i don't hear from you in a timely fashion (well within the warranty time of my $8 support fee), I will use it on my blog tour.

MORE LATER: I purchased the WavePad Masters Edition again for the April Price of 49.40 and the Burn program for 19.10. What I got was NOT the Masters Edition - I got the FREE sound editor. Is this a scam? I know what the Master Edition is like - I owned a copy for two years. And the burn program isn't working. I burned an mp3 file onto a CD, and when I try to play it both in a CD player and in WavePad, there is no sound and no sound waves visible in the WavePad program. I burned the file onto another CD with the same results. I looked to see if I can change the file format when it burns, but I have no options. Did I receive the wrong versions of WavePad and the Audio Burner? What have I paid $76 odd dollars for? I cannot believe I am the only one who has trouble with your service. The product is good (that is - the Masters Edition - the one I had); the service is the worst I've had in a long time. It's so bad that it feels like a scam. What about my $8 dollar fee for come direct communication? The only channel open to me is this one.

As for your statement on the registration code email "In accordance with standard practice for online softrware sales and the purchase terms you agreed to when you paid, we are unable to refund payments after a key has been issued under any circumstances," you FIX the terms to appear AFTER the purchase is made and force the buyer to choose the option that he or she has tried the software and accepts it as is. NO STATEMENT OF THIS NATURE WAS GIVEN BEFORE THE SALE FOR CONSIDERATION BY THE BUYER - IT ONLY APPEARS AFTER THE CREDIT INFORMATION HAS BEEN PROCESSED. You are not UNABLE to refund purchases - you are UNWILLING. At this point in the sale, I stopped and spent an hour looking for a way to contact you and ask about it because it was confusing to me. The FREE version was different from the one I purchased, which was listed as your Masters Edition. I thought it was a mistake, but could not find a way to communicate. Finally, I hit the button to agree because I knew you had taken my money, and I thought your company would not be so misleading as to advertise the Masters Edition for 49.40 for April unless you were providing the upgraded version.

This is all the more frustrating for me because I HAD YOUR MASTERS VERSION ONLY YESTERDAY.

This is copied from my purchase page. I chekced WavePad Sound Editor Master's Edition and Express Burn Plus Edition. I have, however, the free versions:

Buy Software

Secure Purchase

Buy Now for Cheaper Prices - until 15 May only

Save around 30% off the normal price if you buy online on or before the 15th of May 2009.

* Only valid for Visa and Mastercard purchase option through this page.

Qty Select the Software you Need Normal Price Discount Price

WavePad Sound Editor Master's Edition

Unlimited user license for all Master's Edition features more info... $76 $49.40*

Add Bundle Software to Save More Normal Price Bundle Price

Express Burn Plus Edition

Record CDs, DVDs or Blu-Ray discs under Windows or Mac more info... $57 $19.10*

Switch Sound Format Converter Plus Edition

Convert 30+ audio file formats with this converter more info... $39 $14.10*

Golden Records Professional License

Convert vinyl records or tape to mp3 or cd professionally more info... $52

• 1 month later...
I just noticed that the April 30th reduced rates have just been extended until May 15. I wonder if they will be extended again after May 15. There is so much fishiness going on (see other posts).

--------------------------------------------------

I was having problems with wavepad freezing, A window popped up & said would you mind reporting this , so I did, after I clicked "send" a message came up & said there is a down load for your glitch or problem ( Not exact words) so I clicked on that & it downloaded a file , it appeared to be an install packet, well I already had the program installed---but they must know that? WELL.. yes they did know that because what I installed was a NEW PROGRAM I HAD TO BUY!!!!!! my 3rd purchase, 6th overall.

I purchase a program from humans, not BOTS. I see no response here to any of the above, so I guess this is just a venting board.

Guest nchaj

Hey

You should never have to buy a license twice. We do strongly encourage you to backup your downloaded product as we don't replace lost items.

Any issues with the purchase contact us via the registration link, otherwise at the bottom of the Knowledge Base articles there is a link to contact support, use that and you will get to speak to someone. If you don't get a response, check your Spam filters.

kgogolewski, PM me to sort out your issues, I'm not sure where you are at and it may be too long to have on the forum.

Hey

You should never have to buy a license twice. We do strongly encourage you to backup your downloaded product as we don't replace lost items.

Any issues with the purchase contact us via the registration link, otherwise at the bottom of the Knowledge Base articles there is a link to contact support, use that and you will get to speak to someone. If you don't get a response, check your Spam filters.

kgogolewski, PM me to sort out your issues, I'm not sure where you are at and it may be too long to have on the forum.

Hi. I sent in several emails inquiring about it & never got an answer so I purchased the program again.

I do not believe it is right to have to buy it when those should be "fixs" for the software glitchs of purchased software that is not yet completely functionable ? If we are to be "paying subjects" to find glitchs then we should get the fixs for said glitchs whither it be 3 months or a year.

I know you sell alot of software & wavepad is a good program, it is the only one I keep up now. I had the burn program & another but they "ran out" .

If you are going to ask people if they would send in an email with the problem....to help the architect's with bugs, then I believe that there should be a warning on the down load with the bug fix, because I did that as they asked me to & I had to pay for it AKA Repurchase the program because it had been 6 months since I had purchased it, not right. not good advertising.

I run several audio programs for cleaning & enhancing, the other is Diamond cuts DC7.

ANYWAY... I hope they get the freeze up problem figured out on the 4.03 I have sent in several emails about it . thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi I c there is a update available. I am NOT going to go through the route of clicking on it & paying for the program again (paid twice now) this program (4.03) is not working at all ! all it does is freeze up?

I was told to contact a person on here when there was an upgrade out but I could not find that email..

I am waiting , I have not been using this program as it freezes up when I try to normalize the file

the files I am working on are irreplaceable so I can not take a chance with a defunct program.

Please get back to me thank you Dale

Hey

• 2 weeks later...
Hey

As small as the files are, and as many times as I've heard this same complaint, I'm thinking a download section would be quite pleasing to customers and would not cost a lot to maintain. But maybe I'm wrong on that, as I've never done it.

I myself am not sure where my original wavepad file is and would appreciate an old download section as a back up.

Maybe a member supported area in each section that gets enuf traffic on it, could have a link to earlier files[ no keys tho ]

so that folks who were registered could get access .....

just a thought.

kw

Hi I have been using the wavepad for a couple years, I like the functionality & ease of use.

I do not much care for the inability of connection to the mother ship so to speak, nor having to purchase support to maintain functionality of a purchased program. I wish that NCH would download the "fixs" for the bugs as they arrive at the completion of said fixs.

I run several different audio editors, the other being DC7 from Diamondcut productions, I have about 700.00 into that program with "added plugs"

I do commend the techs for the effort in my latest bugs & the speedy replies thereof thanks a bunch! "cut"

4.22 is not nearly as buggy as 4.03 was.

As small as the files are, and as many times as I've heard this same complaint, I'm thinking a download section would be quite pleasing to customers and would not cost a lot to maintain. But maybe I'm wrong on that, as I've never done it.

I myself am not sure where my original wavepad file is and would appreciate an old download section as a back up.

Maybe a member supported area in each section that gets enuf traffic on it, could have a link to earlier files[ no keys tho ]

just a thought.

kw

• 2 weeks later...

4.?

Sorry, but when I dowloaded 4.24 it changed the original version num, and these guys don't put it on the setup !!

Any ways, a recent [ this years version ap-2009 ] freezes up when I amplify the signal to work on a section to fade out

the thing just freezes up...I can't tell you how many times it has triopped me up and messed up my work

and how much of my time has been wasted by it's newfound quirkiness

If I knew where v3.05 was, I'd go put that up, cuz this is just too annoying.

What took me a few minutes to do without issues, I end up redoing it many times over and I find it quite obnoxious....

4.?

Sorry, but when I dowloaded 4.24 it changed the original version num, and these guys don't put it on the setup !!

Any ways, a recent [ this years version ap-2009 ] freezes up when I amplify the signal to work on a section to fade out

the thing just freezes up...I can't tell you how many times it has triopped me up and messed up my work

and how much of my time has been wasted by it's newfound quirkiness

If I knew where v3.05 was, I'd go put that up, cuz this is just too annoying.

What took me a few minutes to do without issues, I end up redoing it many times over and I find it quite obnoxious....

HI Yeah they need to put the builds or versions on the installs so you know what it is, because you may have to pay for an update.

I had build 4.03 & that kept doing what you are talking about. I then got the 4.24 build & that seems to be working other than a few bugs here & there.

I agree there needs to be a page on here with downloads of different versions I started with 3.05

There have been many improvements since then.

cut

HI Yeah they need to put the builds or versions on the installs so you know what it is, because you may have to pay for an update.

I had build 4.03 & that kept doing what you are talking about. I then got the 4.24 build & that seems to be working other than a few bugs here & there.

I agree there needs to be a page on here with downloads of different versions I started with 3.05

There have been many improvements since then.

cut

I'm gonna try 4.24 .....my last copy of 3.05 fell victim to a sewage backup

it also got my backup hdd!!!! I'm not having a good year at all....

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, well the first thing I noticed is, I now have screen flicker with the orange bar that floats in the center!!

I don't like the floating feature either. I can see some usefullness in it, but for my purposes it is more annoying than it is useful.

[ HOW ABOUT AN ON OFF FEATURE SWITCH FOR THAT TOO ]

Everytime I tap to the right side of center to jump ahead, it just stops everything and goes to the beginning,

now I lost my place and have to waste more time locating that spot again!!!!!

I'm gonna try 4.24 .....my last copy of 3.05 fell victim to a sewage backup

it also got my backup hdd!!!! I'm not having a good year at all....

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, well the first thing I noticed is, I now have screen flicker with the orange bar that floats in the center!!

I don't like the floating feature either. I can see some usefullness in it, but for my purposes it is more annoying than it is useful.

[ HOW ABOUT AN ON OFF FEATURE SWITCH FOR THAT TOO ]

Everytime I tap to the right side of center to jump ahead, it just stops everything and goes to the beginning,

now I lost my place and have to waste more time locating that spot again!!!!!

----------------------------

Sorry to hear you lost your HDD to sewage, hard to replace "intellectual property"

I use the wavepad to pull sewage OUT(death threats & such) of sermon files & other audio & video.

I have tried many different audio programs & wavepad seems to be the simplest to use, I won't name the others out of respect for the "Mothership site" I am posting on..lol

I use it everyday many times a day to "capture" audio Anomalies that were injected into files for intimidation purposes. Incest is a very sad problem in today's society & it is even sadder who tries to cover it up, "a hint" they use your tax dollar. This is all I will say as this is not a "society Ill's" bitch site..lol.

There is one improvement I really like & that is the ability to reduce the program to the taskbar after you begin to record, it frees up the desktop.

Keep trying it & it will work, Perseverance is the keyword. later "cut"

Well praise The Lord they did fix some of the booboos!!!!

It no longer amplifies a cut section

and I can amplify a section to work on without it freezing up on me.

But I still HATE that floating orange bar and the flicker I get off of it.

I'd like to see that as an option, like a button to clik to activate or deactivate that feature

because most times I find it in the way of what I'm trying to do and to clik it off

would be perfect...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK....I just found the classic color scheme option, which gave me the colors I love!!!!!!

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------

Sorry to hear you lost your HDD to sewage, hard to replace "intellectual property"

I use the wavepad to pull sewage OUT(death threats & such) of sermon files & other audio & video.

I have tried many different audio programs & wavepad seems to be the simplest to use, I won't name the others out of respect for the "Mothership site" I am posting on..lol

I use it everyday many times a day to "capture" audio Anomalies that were injected into files for intimidation purposes. Incest is a very sad problem in today's society & it is even sadder who tries to cover it up, "a hint" they use your tax dollar. This is all I will say as this is not a "society Ill's" bitch site..lol.

There is one improvement I really like & that is the ability to reduce the program to the taskbar after you begin to record, it frees up the desktop.

Keep trying it & it will work, Perseverance is the keyword. later "cut"

What in the world is going on with that?

Seems like you'd be able to protect that!!!

There's a site called GRC.com where the owner got attacked by some kid called WICKED, so he set up all kinds of protections to stop the attacks. It seems that the kid just heard this guy was ""bad"" from someone and decided to attack him. The attacks stopped after a meeting of the minds, but he learned some good techniques in the process. You may want to check out the site, which offers some free software, and the story may still be posted there for you to read in its entirety.

[[ sorry cut, I re-read your comment and mine, and I can't figure I what the heck I was referring to in my post to you....musta been a brain spasm on my part ]]

Edited by kennywally

Concerning BUILD numbers

The BEST THING to do til it gets fixed if ever, is to r clik and add the build as you rename the file.

You can also just name a folder and put it in there, but that's not as good as renaming the file and adding the build number

then burn a copy too!!!!

I've had stuff go wrong that I never thought would happen.

• 11 months later...

just a thought.

kw

Hi YES a download section for bug fixs. I also paid 8.00 for support & have recently gotten a little but I went to add to the posts & their gone.?..lol Why was the advance listen removed from the file change programs the pop up boxs ? I used to be able to make a change , listen to it, change it a little , listen to it , change it a little, then if it was good make the "Global change" to the file now it is a global change just to hear the adjustment? that is rather antiquated to the earlier programs, build 3.27 one could do that.

Also why can we not reduce the program to the task bar when we are recording something? I could with build 3.27 , not exactly sure if that is the right build but it was a year ago or so....why is the program going back in time as far as usability? It's a good program, but management needs to have a little bit more to do with their CO. ok done bi***ing thanks for the space, cool feel better already, program is still getting mousier though. Have a good day Spain.

• 1 month later...

Hi I have posted this subject before.

The new program does not have the feature below

“Preview” (This picture is from wave pad build 3.27),

which had this valuable feature I could check the edit

before applying To the “whole File” now with the latest

program I have This feature has been excluded &

I have to run the effect On the whole file JUST to see

if it will work? So if I have a 5 minute piece, it takes

a minute to apply the “new edit” if it is not correct I

have to “Undo” the edit which is another minute or so.

Very time consuming. Isn’t this called “Backwards

engineering? If so why? There are other things but

this is at the top of the list. Thank You Dale S

I couldn't get the picture up sorry

• 5 months later...

Hi YES a download section for bug fixs. I also paid 8.00 for support & have recently gotten a little but I went to add to the posts & their gone.?..lol Why was the advance listen removed from the file change programs the pop up boxs ? I used to be able to make a change , listen to it, change it a little , listen to it , change it a little, then if it was good make the "Global change" to the file now it is a global change just to hear the adjustment? that is rather antiquated to the earlier programs, build 3.27 one could do that.

Also why can we not reduce the program to the task bar when we are recording something? I could with build 3.27 , not exactly sure if that is the right build but it was a year ago or so....why is the program going back in time as far as usability? It's a good program, but management needs to have a little bit more to do with their CO. ok done bi***ing thanks for the space, cool feel better already, program is still getting mousier though. Have a good day Spain.

I never used that function....

maybe it was causing other issues later on in their upgrades!?

[[ protect the build you love people, cuz it may just disappear , and these guys are making constant changes, some good some not so good because they have to work on a bunch of different OS...]]

• 1 year later...

any improvements from 4.52 to current 5.07?

my gripe is/was the dynamic range compressor

they effed up the parameters

it used to be a simple choice for regular voice or broadcast levels

the the last I looked it was so vague/confusing, I tried it, but it messed up my work!!!!

So, I deleted that one [ forgot version number ]and reinstalled 4.52!!!

anymore screw ups like that worth mentioning?

kw