Help!!!!!

ALNOVEL

Hi--

I probably shouldn't be here, being totally electronically challenged. Older guys should be doingt something else. But I have a stack of LP"s from the Swing (big band)era that I'd like to get on disc. Golden Records free version doesn't offer any support. Surely some of you here on this forum have experience with such as this, and if you'd be willing to help an old guy get started, please reply to this post.

Thanks a million,

Aal

Hi--

I probably shouldn't be here, being totally electronically challenged. Older guys should be doingt something else. But I have a stack of LP"s from the Swing (big band)era that I'd like to get on disc. Golden Records free version doesn't offer any support. Surely some of you here on this forum have experience with such as this, and if you'd be willing to help an old guy get started, please reply to this post.

Thanks a million,

Aal

REPLY:

The paid version of Golden Records (GR) doesn't come with priority tech support either - you have to pay for that, in addition to the price of the software, either when you purchase your software or subsequently. As I told you in my previous message, I am just a GR newbie, having converted but 4 LPs to digital, but I'll offer any help that I can.

Older guys, like you and me, should always undertake new challenges and stimulate the old grey cells. Life is for living and learning, and you are to be commended for undertaking the challenge of learning how to convert vinyl to CD.

Have a great day, Aal.

Regards,

-Phil

Hi--

Thanks a million,

Aal

I too am an older guy, but I work with software, in fact I write it. Having said that I hope it makes you feel better because I'm having problems with GR - the tracks that I transfer will not play - all I hear is, well, almost nothing but white noise, no music at all. So, I'm thinking something's not right in the setup although I'm damned if I can figure out what.

I too am an older guy, but I work with software, in fact I write it. Having said that I hope it makes you feel better because I'm having problems with GR - the tracks that I transfer will not play - all I hear is, well, almost nothing but white noise, no music at all. So, I'm thinking something's not right in the setup although I'm damned if I can figure out what.

• 6 months later...

Hey guys....well I'm slowly gaining the 'Silver Hair' too.

Now I've just bought myself a MacBook Pro and have found this Golden software thinking it would be an easy way of getting my Vinyl Records to CD.....guess what? No such luck, I can't even get the thing to Record as yet.

Now, I have a turntable, correct connections, downloaded and installed the Golden software with virtually no problems accept.....it doesn't seem to actually select the folder I want to save these files to and then when I try to hit 'Record' after setting all the levels, etc. it comes up with a stupid error message to the tune of........"cannot open file /var/tmp/OWPs9QM.wav for recording" (something like that anyway).

So it's not letting me save/record a file. Man, all I wanted was a simple procedure. I saw another program similar on these Forums called 'RecordPad'...anyone use this?

Help. :blink:

Tyron

• 3 weeks later...
Guest N.C.H a.n
Hi--

Thanks a million,

Aal

Hi Guys,

You are having the same problem. Except Tyron is having a different one i think.

The problem is the noise floor setting is too high.

This setting is for measuring the silence between tracks. If its too high, then golden won't record anything.

You need to play a record or tape, and when it changes songs, hit the measure button.

This needs to be done for each tape or record that you are recording from as the volume levels are always slightly different.

Alternatively you can just turn the "start recording only when audio starts" option off, and then golden will record whether it can hear the audio or not.

If this all seems a bit hard just manually set it to -30 or -40. That will certainly be low enough for it to record.

• 5 weeks later...
Hey guys....well I'm slowly gaining the 'Silver Hair' too.

.it doesn't seem to actually select the folder I want to save these files to and then when I try to hit 'Record' after setting all the levels, etc. it comes up with a stupid error message to the tune of........"cannot open file /var/tmp/OWPs9QM.wav for recording" (

So it's not letting me save/record a file.

Help. :blink:

Tyron

I have the exact some problem. Mac G5 Leapard.