Speech to text with Vista/Microsoft Speech Recognition

vinneee300

I have downloaded the trial version of Express Scribe and want to test the Speech-to-text option. I am using Microsoft Vista, so is Microsoft Speech Recognition suppose to work with Express Scribe, for Speech-to-text?

I have enabled Speech-to-text and selected Microsoft Speech Recognition as the engine, and also selected my profile, but it still will not work. Is it dissabled in trial versions(unregistered versions)?

Vince

I have downloaded the trial version of Express Scribe and want to test the Speech-to-text option. I am using Microsoft Vista, so is Microsoft Speech Recognition suppose to work with Express Scribe, for Speech-to-text?

I have enabled Speech-to-text and selected Microsoft Speech Recognition as the engine, and also selected my profile, but it still will not work.

A bug stopping SAPI 5 speech-to-text engines (such as the one shipping with Windows Vista) from working in Express Scribe was found recently, and the fix is due to be in v4.29. This version is currently undergoing final testing so keep an eye out for a release announcement soon.

Is it dissabled in trial versions(unregistered versions)?

There is no trial version of Scribe. It's free for unlimited use.