Audio distortion

StanL

When I playback immediately after making a recording but before editing it sounds fine. After saving as an .avi file and then opening it up to edit it, all of the audio sounds distorted.

You say that you save an AVI, then bring it into VP to edit once again? With what program are you saving the file, prior to editing?

Please post a sample of the original audio by uploading it to a server, such as Dropbox, GoogleDrive, Microsoft OneDrive, etc., and linking it here.

Hi,

When I playback immediately after making a recording but before editing it sounds fine. After saving as an .avi file and then opening it up to edit it, all of the audio sounds distorted.

Did you record from VIdeoPad? Have you edited the sound by changing volume or applied any of the sound effects?

I purchased NCH software's Debut Professional a few days ago. I keep trying different samples, sometimes I get no audio at all, sometimes just a black screen, it's inconsistent but consistently goofed up.

Please post Debut issues to its forum. People from the other team will deal with them.