Lossless editing

danicx

Hi! Is it way to save maximum quality of output video without re-encoding? When i join few videos with same parameters (fps, dimension and codec) and my output video have the same, it seems quality is lossing. (in codec option I select maximum quality if possible) You can see artefacts and blir in screenshot77db7e6.jpg

Effective with version 3.89, the VP release notes stated the following...

"When exporting video in H.264 format. VideoPad will perform lossless transcoding whenever possible. It will increase exporting speed dramatically while maintain the original quality of the video. Lossless transcoding can only be applied to non-altered (no overlaying, effect and transitions) sections."

c_major, thank you ! I will try this.

P.S. Just installed new version of VP and see there is no effects zoom and rotation. Is it deleted forever? Can I copy some files from folder with old version of VideoPad to return it?

Borate, all effects is a loosing information from moovie. But I try only to save it.

So I did some experiment. First I set option "losless exporting" and set export settings to avi and H.264 codec:

52d4aa1.jpg

Than I make moovie from picture from post 1. Than replace picture by moovie and make moovie2. After 5 steps I compare picture, moovie1 and moovie5. (To better viewing i set levels and brightness in Photoshop). So, losless encoding is not workin or I do something wrong. Look at result:

95a6f8e.jpg

Click the VIDEO EFFECTS tab, or the FX icon in the clip on the time line, then the green + sign to add an effect. Both rotate and zoom are among the choices.

EFX.jpg

Borate sorry misread this. Reason is vmware without 3d acceleration and effects is disabled

Its more simply check work of losless rendering by time of joining videos. Two same videos joins 3 min on my pc.

--------------------------

General

Complete name : C:\Users\Администратор\Videos\Movavi Library\picture nature full HD world wide music relaxing.avi

Format : AVI

Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave

File size : 33.0 MiB

Duration : 1mn 40s

Overall bit rate : 2 758 Kbps

Writing application : Lavf56.36.100

Video

ID : 1

Format : AVC

Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec

Format profile : High@L4

Format settings, CABAC : Yes

Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames

Codec ID : H264

Duration : 1mn 40s

Bit rate : 2 623 Kbps

Width : 1 920 pixels

Height : 1 080 pixels

Display aspect ratio : 16:9

Frame rate mode : Variable

Frame rate : 25.000 fps

Color space : YUV

Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0

Bit depth : 8 bits

Scan type : Progressive

Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.051

Stream size : 31.3 MiB (95%)

Audio

ID : 0

Format : MPEG Audio

Format version : Version 1

Format profile : Layer 3

----------------------------

In Avidemux joining was about 3 seconds.

How to make work losless editing work propertly?

Sorry for many posts and bad english