Thumbnail of a Video - Having a Big Issue on Facebook

bibijoon

I have started trying VideoPad and I like it very much. But there is one big problem that I am having and I do not know how to resolve it.

I have created a small video with music and I intend to use it as a trail video at the end of all my videos clips.

I usually add a video clip on sequence and then drag my Trail video and put it at the end of the clip. After I export it and save it still everything is okay.

Problem is after I post the video on facebook. In 60% of the time the thumbnail of the video is the Trail video not the original video).

I want to keep the clip's thumbnail as original clip and not my trail video.

I have done a lots of research or tried doing it in many different way but unable to find the solution. I have tried "Splitting" the original video and trail video but sometimes it works and sometimes it does not

Any idea how to resolve this?

thanks in advance

Mike

Hi

Once loaded to Facebook you can step through several thumbnails which are automatically picked from your video at regular intervals, one image being the start. Any one of these may be displayed as the thumbnail to be shown as the album image. Unfortunately you can't choose any other images except the ones Facebook select.

To change your thumbnail image,......In the Facebook video album, click the pen icon at the top right of the current thumbnail and in the menu that comes up select "Edit video". You can click through the available thumbnails.

Unfortunately, you can't add a title to the those album images for the video, they only show the album name. However if, right at the start of your video (without fade in) you add a title screen, one of the facebook thumbnails will include this first image, i.e your title. Unfortunately the Facebook image only shows the centre of the frame and consequently most of your title text would not show unless you made it very small within the frame.

I don't think the Facebook implementation is actually very good as, without reloading your videos, you can't change the order that they appear in the album. i.e if you load part 1 of a two part video followed by part 2 (which seems logical) the album shows part 2 before part 1. An earlier version allowed one to move them about within the album. This does work (I think) for images but not for videos.

Nat