Running at two locations with no internet access

wireman

Question I am buying this software mainly for my road sales but we also need this at our main office.

Obviously our home office has internet access but when I am on the road accessing the internet can be very tricky.

Hot spots are very rare. I have a cell phone, maybe this can be linked to my laptop. Assuming I can use my cell phone, many times I am in an area that doesn’t have cellular service. I would also have to leave the home computer on 24/7.

I am guessing the simplest solution would be to have the program downloaded on both computers. Then when I get back home back up the data. If I go this rout…

A do I have to purchase two licenses?

B I would have to run 3 businesses’ #1 for home computer #2 mobile laptop and #3 would be the combined data of both.

But when I try to combine the data would the invoice numbers duplicate or overwrite each other.

I can put 2 more decimal places in the invoice and quote document numbers to eliminate duplication. But I am wondering what other problems I may incur doing this.

C Would be to run two businesses’ and never try to merge the data.

Thanks 4 your support

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

You could use a prefix on your invoices for when you are using your laptop so this will also help to show you was it on the pc or laptop the invoice was created and it should stop the problem of over wirting.