How to quickly snap a series of clips together.

bLOCKbOYgAMES

Hi everyone.

I was just wondering if there was a quick way to snap a series of disconnected clips together. (In this case photos.) I am making a frame by frame animation and need to be able to snap many clips together at once, rather than manually dragging each clip individually and joining it to the previous one.

(For example, today I imported 100 new .png.s, and shortened them all to 6ms in length, from their original length of maybe 500ms. Now dragging each individually to rejoin them is time consuming and I am hoping there is a simple way to select all clips and have them snapped together.

Thanks in advance for any replies, and thanks for a pretty neat product. :)

cheers

-bLOCKbOYgAMES

Hi

First set your Options/Media/Default image duration to the value you require for each image.

Set the Add new clip to the following position to Place on sequence at end

You will need to have all your images in numerical or alphabetical order. e.g. image1.jpg, image2.jpg, image3.jpg etc.

If they are not numbered in sequence they will be placed in the media list in alphanumeric order. (Which may not be the order you actually want.) I don't think you can alter this. Note: Even if you add them to the media list in the order you want them to appear on the timeline, they will be re-arranged automatically.

So...Once on the list (in order)

Click the image at the top of the list........hold the SHIFT key down and click the last item on the list. You can scroll the media list down if necessary. (Keep the SHIFT key down) They will all then highlight blue.

Now click on the highlighted block of names and drag them down to the sequence line and release them.

They should now appear on the timeline in order, each with the default duration.

Nat