Modify MP3 NOT using save-as keeping MP3 tags

btamxx

Hi,

I searched this forum and can't find a specific answer. Also, it wont allow me to use 3 or less characters in the search so I can't use key search on 3 character file formats. Please advise how to do this.

My problem:

I want to save an MP3 file changing the compression settings and still keep the MP3 tags in tact.

I load an MP3 file, edit it, then save-as another file name. Unfortunately, it does not keep the original MP3 tags, they are totally lost. I tried to use the standard save (not save-as) but it did not allow me to change the compression settings as I can when using save-as.

Thanks.

Bill

Guest MichaelJee

Hello BillyBob,

Thank you for contacting NCH Software.

Can you please list the version of WP you are using. I have just preformed the same action as you speak of with v3.12 and the meta data was kept intact.

Regards

Michael G

Technical Support

NCH Software

Canberra Australia

www.nchsoftware.com <http://www.nchsoftware.com>

Note: while we make every attempt to give accurate advice, under our Reasonable Service Terms, the amount of time we can spend researching is limited. If you intend to rely on the advice for critical, dangerous or medical activities you must retain independent consultants to check your systems are safe and redundant. NCH Software and its employees' liability for loss is strictly limited to the amount paid for the software or support.