My file disappeared from Express Burn (and my computer)...COMPLETEY disappeared.

KateDamnitRun

Okay, I'm at a bit of a loss. Can you please help or give info on what I might have done?

I was placing a 2GB file into Express Burn. It was my first time using it, so I didn't exactly know fully what I was doing. My CD that I was trying to burn it to was not big enough to hold the file, so while I was looking around Express Burn's features, I clicked on a few things (I know that sounds bad, but I just don't remember what I clicked on) and my file disappeared. It didn't just disappear from Express Burn, but it disappeared from my computer! What the hell happened? Two things I MIGHT have clicked on were "Create ISO image from a disk" or "Write ISO image to a disk", among other stuff.

I have done searches on my computer using the file name and parts of the file name...this file doesn't show up at all. It would appear to be gone completely. Any ideas what might have happened and if it really is gone?

My main thing at this point is that I just don't want to have a 2GB file sitting on my computer that I'm not using. If anything I'd like to delete it to save space, but I'd also like to figure out what happened here! Can anyone tell me if this file really is gone for good, or is it sitting on my computer somewhere hidden?

I saw that someone else had started a similar topic a month or two ago but got no responses, so perhaps someone will know what I'm talking about. Thank you to any help you can give.

Hi Kate,

as i`m a novice myself there`s not much i can say to help you with your problem, but if you search around a bit you can help yourself. If you`re not getting much help here, try using iso buster (isobuster.com) to recover your lost data. They do a free & paid version.