Help with expresscribe showing empty files...

Sneaser1965

Hello to all...

I am dark ages newbie.....I cannot get expresscribe to play or load a file....it is mp3 file for transcription and when I try to find it in my files.....expresscribe shows the file as empty, but yet the file shows up on my "mirror" on ftp.....I need this to work and cannot find anyone to help me....boss getting aggravated...schooling did not teach me this information and I have no clue what to do....

someone please help!!!

If you have an answer, please email me!!!!

thanks

Hello to all...

I am dark ages newbie.....I cannot get expresscribe to play or load a file....it is mp3 file for transcription and when I try to find it in my files.....expresscribe shows the file as empty, but yet the file shows up on my "mirror" on ftp.....I need this to work and cannot find anyone to help me....boss getting aggravated...schooling did not teach me this information and I have no clue what to do....

someone please help!!!

If you have an answer, please email me!!!!

thanks

Express Scribe seems to have trouble with some file formats and this also seems to vary depending of the version of Express Scribe you are using.

Since Express Scribe is provided as a free application I wouldn’t count on a great deal of support from the NCH team in this particular instance. Also, if the version you are using does not, or can not load and play the file you want they won’t be able to do anything quickly for you.

Suggestions:

1) Try playing the .mp3 file in Windows Media player just to make sure the file is not damaged

2) Try an older version of Express Scribe (if you can find it) to see if it will recognize and play the file:

Try this one: http://www.download3000.com/download_35511.html

3) Try another transcription application even if for this file only, you may be able find free trials via the internet

Best of luck!