Switch Output folder specification disabled

raceww

I just installed Switch Plus v 1.42. The documentation implies that there is a text box in which I can specify the output folder. There is no text box. When I click on the Browse button a browse window is opened and I can select a folder but when the browse window is closed no folder has been specified. Any attempt to convert a file results in an error message saying that the output folder is "".

I have been using the free version of Switch with no problem for over a year but am new to this version (v 1.42). Is there something I am doing incorrectly? It appears that Switch is simply missing the text box and that is causing the code that picks up a folder from the browse window to fail.

Guest MichaelJee

Hello Raceww,

Could you please...

1 - Confirm again that you are using Switch v1.42

2 - Confirm what operating system you are using

3 - See the picture I've PM'd you, and notice the 320pixel wide drop down box, labeled "Output Folder"

Please respond back with your findings, as it could be that the application is experiencing some undocumented formatting issues with your OS / graphic kernal combination.

- Michael @ NCH

Hello Raceww,

Could you please...

3 - See the picture I've PM'd you, and notice the 320pixel wide drop down box, labeled "Output Folder"

Please respond back with your findings, as it could be that the application is experiencing some undocumented formatting issues with your OS / graphic kernal combination.

- Michael @ NCH

====================================

Hello,

1. When I click on Help - About a pop-up window shows "Switch v 1.42"

2. I am using Windows 2000 with all updates installed.

3. There is no textbox/dropdownbox at all next to the words "Output Folder". I do see it in your screen-shot, of course.

====================================

Hello,

1. When I click on Help - About a pop-up window shows "Switch v 1.42"

2. I am using Windows 2000 with all updates installed.

3. There is no textbox/dropdownbox at all next to the words "Output Folder". I do see it in your screen-shot, of course.

Hello,

I have the same problem with the SSFCP, version 1.42 in Windows 2000,

greetings, Cor

• 3 weeks later...
I just installed Switch Plus v 1.42. The documentation implies that there is a text box in which I can specify the output folder. There is no text box. When I click on the Browse button a browse window is opened and I can select a folder but when the browse window is closed no folder has been specified. Any attempt to convert a file results in an error message saying that the output folder is "".

I have been using the free version of Switch with no problem for over a year but am new to this version (v 1.42). Is there something I am doing incorrectly? It appears that Switch is simply missing the text box and that is causing the code that picks up a folder from the browse window to fail.

I have precisely the same problem, running paid version 1.42 on Windows 2000. It's a pain because I wish to keep converted files separate from the originals as i thinl most of us would.

Solution would be excellent.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello Raceww,

Could you please...

- Michael @ NCH

First, I'd like to note that your converter is the best I've ever tried for sound files. Thank you!

I confirm that I am experience the same behavior on Windows 2000 SP3. My screen settings are large fonts and 256 colors. Switch v1.42 does not look nice (to put in mildly) on 256 colors but that is not the essence of the problem.

The problem is that the Output Folder drop-down box does not appear at all. It seems not to fit properly, and the pane layout algorithm produce this kind of bug. Maybe constraining it 320 pixel wide rigidly is not an optimal design solution. As a result, I am able only to put converted files into the folder coinciding with the original one. I have tried to pass a command line argument -outfolder but this does not help :-(

Guest MichaelJee

Hello, From speaking to the developer, this is a known issue and will definitely be in the next revision. If its affecting the use of the product, please PM me your details for a refund.

Thanks

Regards

Michael G

Technical Support