Please HELP - Cannot save MP3 after reinstall WavePad

ilovevan

First, I uninstall WavePad and all NCH software. Then I reinstall it.

After re-install WavePad version 3.11, I cannot save as MP3. WavePad reports:

Unable to create file "G:\Workdir\test.mp3" for saving.

G:\Workdir is where I want to save. It is fine to save as test.wav in the same directory.

I try to re-install another time on top of what I have installed. It does not resolve the problem

Please help. It would waste of money to buy this product without being able to use it. The whole purpose is to save in MP3. Thanks.

The 1st thing I'd do is to re-name your working directory.

It seems to be the center of all the ills from the boogeyman with this software. Why? I don't know, just try it and let me know what happened.

go to ;

tools

options

audio processing

clik "use this specified folder"

then name your own folder and drive [ example - D:\audio\wavepad-working-folder ]

clik ok

The 1st thing I'd do is to re-name your working directory.

It seems to be the center of all the ills from the boogeyman with this software. Why? I don't know, just try it and let me know what happened.

go to ;

tools

options

audio processing

clik "use this specified folder"

then name your own folder and drive [ example - D:\audio\wavepad-working-folder ]

clik ok

I always "use this specified folder", i.e. I always use my own working folder on my own disk partition for all tools, including WavePad. I developed this practice years ago, because I was tired of disk C: fragmentation. So, my current problem is not the working folder.

I wish NCH developers spend more time on the basic quality, rather than feature rich. At least, the software should say what it complains about; i.e. why it cannot create the file. At least, it should print the error code.

To compare this software with the UltraEdit editor. I have been using UltraEdit for about 8 years. It costs about the same as WavePad. And it is so stable. Because I impress so much about its stability, I tried to deliberately break it. I could not break. Moreover, when I ask a question about usage, the vendor gladly answers, eventhough the software version that I use is years behind. Half year ago, I had to reformat my PC. I had to reinstall UltraEdit. The install failed, because since I bought UltraEdit 8 years ago till this year, Microsoft changed the operationg system. Yet, UltraEdit gladly provided me with a fix eventhough my software is about 8 years old.

What is the point of developing all kind of features while user cannot use the basic functionality?

• 1 month later...
I always "use this specified folder", i.e. I always use my own working folder on my own disk partition for all tools, including WavePad. I developed this practice years ago, because I was tired of disk C: fragmentation. So, my current problem is not the working folder.

I wish NCH developers spend more time on the basic quality, rather than feature rich. At least, the software should say what it complains about; i.e. why it cannot create the file. At least, it should print the error code.

To compare this software with the UltraEdit editor. I have been using UltraEdit for about 8 years. It costs about the same as WavePad. And it is so stable. Because I impress so much about its stability, I tried to deliberately break it. I could not break. Moreover, when I ask a question about usage, the vendor gladly answers, eventhough the software version that I use is years behind. Half year ago, I had to reformat my PC. I had to reinstall UltraEdit. The install failed, because since I bought UltraEdit 8 years ago till this year, Microsoft changed the operationg system. Yet, UltraEdit gladly provided me with a fix eventhough my software is about 8 years old.

What is the point of developing all kind of features while user cannot use the basic functionality?

Where do I find UltraEdit?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MichaelJee

Hello,

I havent seen this error before. Could you please setting a NEW output folder and trying again?

UltraEdit - Using a search engine can help.