Wavepad for Mac

Guest nchaj

Hi,

We are keen to see how Wavepad is behaving out there in the real world. A new version was released on the 5th of August and we worked hard to get it right.

We would love your feedback!

Does Wavepad for Mac 3.12 perform better with Tiger or Leopard? output selection is available, but not with input. Any known solutions ? I using a Yamaha USB mixer with Wavepad 3.05 for Windows ( XP ) and it allows me to select the built-in Input/Output or the Yamaha USB Input/Output. Thanks in advance for your help.

Why can't I get the free version?

I have a MacBook, my trial has expired, and I can't get that free version like I had on my PC where you still get basic features after the 14 day trial.

You once mentioned that there was 2 links on the site, download Wavepad and download Masters. I download both links and they were the same exact .dmg file.

What's wrong?

P.S. - When I had the ability to open it with my Mac, I could not preview the " change pitch" and "change speed" effect, along with reverbs. Why?

• 2 weeks later...

I really find this tool amazingly simple to use. Besides some simple yet annoying details - like the fact that there is no shortcuts for many important things like Stop (!!), which should be of course hit SPACE key when playing - I would really like to use this software.

Unfortunately it crashes ALL THE TIME!

I had the same experience half a year ago with version 3.06 and hoped it had improved, but not at all.

I use MacOS X Leopard, a Macbook Pro 15" and tried simple copy paste on a 8 minute wave file.

Really nothing much to ask for, right?

The windows version is so nice and stable, why not on my beloved mac?

Hope you can fix this soon! I am in urgent need for a simple yet good sound editor for the mac to help some non profit organisations in releasing buddhist teachings. Your effort would be very much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm having similar problems. If I open the app by double-clicking it, it has some sort of memory leak. I can watch as my available memory goes from 1.30-ish GB down to 25MB over about 20 seconds, at which point the app crashes and my system shudders. During these 20 seconds I don't get the chance to do anything, just boot/leak/crash.

33ndoxy.jpg

This is an image sequence showing the memory leak happening.

However, if I launch the executable using the terminal (from within the actual app package, eg. ** ~/Applications/WavePad.app/Contents/MacOS/WavePad **) it runs fine.

__

Let me add a second to those wanting a stop hotkey (space).

Also, I tend to have to click the 'stop' button a few times (even when the file hasn't been played yet) to un-grey all the options in the menus, like effects and processes. Otherwise nothing is available to do.

And half the time there is no Undo option.

Also, I can't paste without selecting some audio to paste-to first. How is that useful? I want to paste at a point, not over other data.

__

This program definitely looks like something I'd like to use, but it's FAILing massively at the minute. Frankly, Audacity has it's own quirks and glitches that annoy me and I'd switch for anything else in a heart beat (I still haven't found anything on a Mac as good as SoundEdit16, back in OS9 - clean/simple/useful), and your program looks like something I want to use.

Please help me kick Audacity!