Why 2 mp3enc.exe?

ilovevan

I use Windows XP. I have license to use WavePad. Windows Task Manager shows that there are 2 mp3enc.exe instances. The questions are:

1. Why mp3enc.exe run twice?

2. I use Windows search and I find two programs of the same name located at C:\Program Files\NCH Software\Components\mp3el and C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\Components\mp3sel. Norton System Works indicates that both mp3enc.exe processes are from the same "NCH Swift Sound" folder. Control Panel shows only one "WavePad Sound Editor". Can I delete "NCH Software" folder?

2. The two programs run even when I am NOTusing WavePad at that time. For example, restarting Windows and I immediately see them running. Why do they run even if I am not using WavePad?

3. The total CPU the two programs use is about 7-10% CPU. Is it possible to reduce their CPU usage, or not starting them when not using WavePad?

Thanks.

I use Windows XP. I have license to use WavePad. Windows Task Manager shows that there are 2 mp3enc.exe instances. The questions are:

1. Why mp3enc.exe run twice?

2. I use Windows search and I find two programs of the same name located at C:\Program Files\NCH Software\Components\mp3el and C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\Components\mp3sel. Norton System Works indicates that both mp3enc.exe processes are from the same "NCH Swift Sound" folder. Control Panel shows only one "WavePad Sound Editor". Can I delete "NCH Software" folder?

2. The two programs run even when I am NOTusing WavePad at that time. For example, restarting Windows and I immediately see them running. Why do they run even if I am not using WavePad?

3. The total CPU the two programs use is about 7-10% CPU. Is it possible to reduce their CPU usage, or not starting them when not using WavePad?

Thanks.

How about [ delete ] then reinstall?!

And have you renamed your working folder yet?

My wavepad worked fine for a while, then it started acting up, til I renamed the working folder, now the problems stopped! Why? I don't know, all I know is they stopped.