Having problems with word interface

thesummers

Hi there,

I have been using Express scribe for a couple of years now, and I keep having this problem when using the F Keys in word. Basically, I can press F4 to pause or F10 to play, but when I try to rewind or fast forward, once I stop and release the key the Express Scribe window pops up, meaning that I have to click back into the program. Any idea how I can fix this? I haven't used it in a while so maybe I'm just forgetting something.

Thank you in advance,

Luke

• 2 weeks later...
Have you updated ES lately? I'm still working on V4.22, and that problem was solved. KRN

I've just upgraded to 4.23 and that's when it started happening to me. :( I was using 4.22 and have been running it on Vista successfully for the last 4 months.

I've just upgraded to 4.23 and that's when it started happening to me. :( I was using 4.22 and have been running it on Vista successfully for the last 4 months.

I just simply reassigned the hotkeys under "Settings" then "Control." Just highlight the function key you want to use for your other application then select "Change" at the bottom of the screen. This brings up another little window that has the "Change Key" at the top. It's really fairly easy and a life savor.

Hopefully this helps.

I just simply reassigned the hotkeys under "Settings" then "Control." Just highlight the function key you want to use for your other application then select "Change" at the bottom of the screen. This brings up another little window that has the "Change Key" at the top. It's really fairly easy and a life savor.

Hopefully this helps.

I just upgraded to 4.23 tonight and I've had the same problem. I followed your advice above and changed the Rewind to several different keys and Express Scribe still pops up each time I hit the key I've made to rewind. It's very annoying. I guess I'll have to go back to 4.22 until they fix this bug. :(

Hi there,

I have been using Express scribe for a couple of years now, and I keep having this problem when using the F Keys in word. Basically, I can press F4 to pause or F10 to play, but when I try to rewind or fast forward, once I stop and release the key the Express Scribe window pops up, meaning that I have to click back into the program. Any idea how I can fix this? I haven't used it in a while so maybe I'm just forgetting something.

Thank you in advance,

Luke

Instead of possibly going back to 4.22 as I mentioned in a previous post, I've been immediately pressing F6 after using F7 to rewind. F6 then closes the Express Scribe window and I don't have to take my hands off the keyboard. I've gotten so used to doing it in the last day that I don't even notice it anymore. Hope that will work for you. :D