Can't burn a .cda file

Mike Smith

I have just downloaded Express Burn 4.12.

I am trying to convert an .mp3 file to .cda format and burn it to a data CD.

I went through the steps and watched the burn process bar for 15 minutes and at the end there was nothing on the CD.

I am using a CD drive that I ususally use for burning data CDs. Do I need different equipment to burn an audio CD?

Mike Smith

Hi Mike, its more than likely your drive or the media. ExpressBurn was developed to work with any MMC compliant optical drive. This essentially covers all drives developed for use with Windows 95 and onwards. we have found that ExpressBurn works successfully with many more drives than it has issues with however the sheer number that we are talking about makes it impossible for us to be compatible with them all. message me your drive specs and Ill put them through for inclusion in the next release

OK, I think I found the porblem.

I was trying to burn 3 files, each about 50 minutes long. When I went through this again and waited about 5 minutes during "Calculate Duration" it finally gave a message that the files were too large.

I eventually reduced the queue to 1 file and it worked.

I tried a different software package "MP3 to CD Converter Professional" and it was able to copy 2 of the 3 files onto 1 CD so it must do some compression on the way through.

One of the problems with .cda files is that they all have a size of 1 KB when they are finished so it is difficult to see how the CD is loaded.

Mike Smith