Multimodem answers phone, no sound heard

iammontoya

I purchased the MultiModem ZDXV based on the list NCH provided on their site. I installed the latest drivers from the Multitech site.

If I go to Device Manager. I can see the ZDXV driver listed, and it also added a new device under Sound. A Unimodem Full Duplex Audio Device. However, if I go to control panel/Sound/Playback, the 'modem' is not listed there.

The modem is connected through the serial cable, and of course the phone line. I did not connect anything to the sound jacks (mic and spkr). The modem currently answers the phone and the ogm itself appears to work, but there is no sound coming through to the caller. When I look at the NCH settings, under Audio, and it lists my speakers, and then it says Modem Line 5... neither option works for the user.

Can someone please help me? I've been struggling with this for some time, and I'm hoping this is the final stretch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm having the same problem... <_<

I have this modem: MultiTech Systems MT5634ZPX-PCI

When I had a Windows XP computer, I ran the program with this modem. It worked just fine.

I just got a new computer with Vista 64-bit. I loaded the newest version of IVM.

I uploaded the latest drivers for my modem.

With everything installed, I try to call the line. It answers and Microsoft Anna says my modem's name and says the number is unknown.

The IVM seems to answer the call, but no sound on the other end of the phone. Then it hangs up and that is it.

The Multitech technician says that the modem is working correctly with updated drivers. It is installed on COM 3.

Is there something that I haven't set up correctly?

Since I had it working on my previous computer, is there something with the Vista 64-bit that isn't compatable?