MP3 Encoder Settings

Guest Guest_Digibop_*

Guest Guest_Digibop_*

Hello All,

When I edit a song and use the, "Save File As" setting, it asks for a location and title.

But then it has the MP3 Encoder Settings.

Which has the best sound quality: Stereo, Joint, or Force?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 years later...

:blink:

Hello All,

When I edit a song and use the, "Save File As" setting, it asks for a location and title.

But then it has the MP3 Encoder Settings.

Which has the best sound quality: Stereo, Joint, or Force?

Thanks in advance.

I am also wondering. if i am only ripping speech and music from stereo CD to play in a mp3 car stereo or a headphone/mp3 discman, would the default settings be ok? i would prefer to use the default settings for all such above use, so i don't have to remember what i used, and anyway i don't know where they explain what the difference is between stereo, force, joint, and mono. also don't know where they explain the difference between the 2 kinds of noise reduction? anybody know? if it is already in the forum, let me know also, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Logically Stereo and Joint are identical. Mathematically they are quite separate.

Stereo records left channel and right channel as you'd expect.

Joint records Left plus right and left minus right so with a little adding and subtracting you get exactly the same thing afterwards.

The moral to the story: Joint works slightly better at low bit rates but they are functionally identical at high bit rates.