Wavepad freezes up when I try to save a file as an mp3

adam39

Wavepad freezes up and becomes nonresponsive when I try to save my files as mp3. I am able to save my files as a wave. I have tried saving the file as a wave and then using Switch to convert it into an mp3 but Switch became nonresponsive when I did it.

I have installed and uninstalled Wavepad a bunch of times and nothing changes. I have also tried installing the mp3el and mp3el2 components, but to no avail.

I am running Windows XP. Any help would be very appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd say you have the usual bug everyone gets.

WHY? I don't know.

Try renaming your working folder and see if that helps, because it helped me!

I have tried renaming the working folder, but it's pretty likely that I did something wrong because I have no idea what I'm doing. Could you explain to me step by step what I need to do. Most specifically, what should I rename it, or where should I put the folder?

go to ;

tools

options

audio processing

clik "use this specified folder"

then name your own folder and drive [ example - D:\audio\wavepad-working-folder ]

clik ok

kennywally, thanks for your help I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I renamed the working folder, but wavepad is still doing the exact same thing. Still freezes up when I try to save a file as an .mp3.

kennywally, thanks for your help I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I renamed the working folder, but wavepad is still doing the exact same thing. Still freezes up when I try to save a file as an .mp3.

sorry to hear that.

that was my only make-do quick fix...

sorry to hear that.

that was my only make-do quick fix...

Thanks for trying, Kenny.

For me, it's happening with .wav files. And not only will it not save the file, it also corrupts the original .wav file I'm trying to edit!

:angry:

I've changed the working folder and done everything I know to do. It still does the same thing every time:

I open the wav file for editing, and then save the file.

The progress window pops up, and then I immediately get an error message that says "Can not save the file [filename] for saving"

So I click off that and - every time - the original wav file is corrupted and goes from 40 megabytes to 40 kilobytes. When I open it with wave pad again, it's just a straight green line with no sound in it.

Fortunately, I'm using a .vox file for my original which I convert to a wav file, and so I still have the original file I recorded.

I've got a trouble ticket into NCH software.

When they answer me, I'll post their answer here.