SWF Files

petersmart

About four weeks ago I downloaded the Master's edition of wavepad and installed both it and Mixpad.

I had been using the free edition of wavepad occasionally on another computer and was very pleased with it.

On the Master's edition I found that I could also edit virtually any file, including FLV and SWF files, it just decoded them using direct X.

Unfortunately I had a problem on my hard drive and had to wipe it and re-install all my programs.

I downloaded Wavepad again (today) but now when when I use it it doesn't decode these files just tells me that it needs a plug in, which it didn't do before.

I am running XP Pro with service pack 3 installed, and all updates, well, up to dat, including Microsoft .NET 1 and 2.

What has changed?

I found the way it worked before was excellent and it puzzles me what I need to do to get it working that way again.

About four weeks ago I downloaded the Master's edition of wavepad and installed both it and Mixpad.

I had been using the free edition of wavepad occasionally on another computer and was very pleased with it.

On the Master's edition I found that I could also edit virtually any file, including FLV and SWF files, it just decoded them using direct X.

Unfortunately I had a problem on my hard drive and had to wipe it and re-install all my programs.

I downloaded Wavepad again (today) but now when when I use it it doesn't decode these files just tells me that it needs a plug in, which it didn't do before.

I am running XP Pro with service pack 3 installed, and all updates, well, up to dat, including Microsoft .NET 1 and 2.

What has changed?

I found the way it worked before was excellent and it puzzles me what I need to do to get it working that way again.

there's a thread with a link to the components

you'd think by now, there'd be an automatic download of them

once you put in the registration info, but there's not, not yet anyways

kw