Speed of use or reply to phone prompts very slow

QCBN

I've been using IVM Version 4.0 since it came out (looking into upgrade now). I"m running it on a 2.4GHZ XP Pro SP2 machine with 2GB of ram and 2 300GB hard drives @ 7200 RPM.

I've no speed issues with ANYTHING on this machine BUT... The response time given to callers.

When a caller calls and IVM answers and gives prompts. It is 1 to 3 seconds after a key is pressed by the caller that IVM responds. For most callers this 'LAG' is to long for them and they press another key or the same key again. This Can cause issues as you can imagine. Is there anything I can do or look into to speed up this functioning? (I have the program and all the file folders IVM uses in the Exclusion list of my virus scan software and I am running NO local firewalls of anykind)

There is a section of the IVM manual which refers to delays in detecting DTMF key presses. However the manual makes it sound as though its more for recordings, but you can always try and see if it helps. It seems however that the delay may actually be caused by your modem hardware and not necessarily by the IVM software.

Most hardware takes a little time to detect end-of-call tones or DTMF tone presses. The end-of-call or key press will only be reported after it has been recorded. To compensate for this the software rewinds the recording a preset time so that the end of the recording is more exact. Because different hardware has different timing you may need to adjust these for optimal performance.

DTMF Tone Detect Delay (ms). This is the time that the software trims a recording back after a caller presses a key. If you find the recording is chopped off you can reduce this a little. Beware: a too short time can cause unpredictable results if a recording includes the DTMF tone itself because when that recording is replayed the tone will be redetected. The default value is 350ms.