Recording Stutter Problem

mrcarlson

Greetings,

I am using the free version of WavePad to see if I would like to purchase the Master Edition. I have run into the following problem; there are occasional stutters in the recording that don't seem to have set time interval. I have the following setup, which may be the challenge:

WavePad 3.06

An Applie iBook g3 800mhz with 640 Meg of Ram

I am inputing through a USB codec

I am recording live speech.

If somebody could tell me if this computer is just not powerful enough, that would be helpful or if there is something else I should look at. I thought WavePad would be a good solution since it seems to take far less memory and CPU time than Audacity.

Thanks

Greetings,

I am using the free version of WavePad to see if I would like to purchase the Master Edition. I have run into the following problem; there are occasional stutters in the recording that don't seem to have set time interval. I have the following setup, which may be the challenge:

WavePad 3.06

An Applie iBook g3 800mhz with 640 Meg of Ram

I am inputing through a USB codec

I am recording live speech.

If somebody could tell me if this computer is just not powerful enough, that would be helpful or if there is something else I should look at. I thought WavePad would be a good solution since it seems to take far less memory and CPU time than Audacity.

Thanks

well, just from the hip

I wouldn't use wavepad to record...except maybe a radio talkshow/podcast

but not music

you may want to try record pad and see how that works.

I found for myself, that one software will not do all the things I'm looking for, so I had to buy a few different products that worked well in certain areas.

I didn't like that idea, but I just accepted it and moved on.

that's the best I can do, maybe someone else knows better info.

goodluck