Change Synthesized Voices

cmancool4

I was able to add additional voices into the IVM software...I see them on the dropdown menu. Whenever I change the voice, it always sounds the exact same. I assume that the voices should have a distinguishable difference especially between male and female voices. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

This is strange, I've never had this problem. What voices are you trying to use?

Are they SAPI 4 or 5 and are they the 'natural' voices (e.g. at&t, loquendo, realspeak/nuance) or the lower-end voices (e.g. Microsoft/L&H)

I have the originals in which were the LH Michael and Michelle, Microsoft Mary Mike and Sam, and then the Sample TTS voice. No matter which voice I select, it always sounds exactly the same.

I am in the test stages of the software and if everything is working, then I will go out and buy additional higher end voices if necessary...I just want to get them working to start off with.

Thank you for your help.

I setup a new server for the IVM software to run on and I am still having the same issues. When I first installed, I have Microsoft SAM which works fine.

Then I install the Mary and Mike voices from Microsoft which show in the list of synthesized voices.

When I attempt to synthesize text in an OGM, it doesn't matter which voice I select from the list, it always sounds exactly like the original default (SAM). I just want to see if this feature actually works before I buy high-end voices to be applied in the IVM sofware.

Apparently I solved the problem...

The SAPI 5 voices that I have installed from Microsoft have to be set in the Speech controls in the control panel of windows...whichever voice is selected there as the primary default is the only voice that I can make IVM work with.

I downloaded a few SAPI 4 voices and inorder for them to work in windows xp, I downloaded several files from microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/Msagent/downloads/user.aspx

They have the SAPI4 engine with the control panel to go along with it. Once I did those, all the rest of the voices popped up in IVM where they should be.