Slide bar help

probono

I've downloaded the new version of Express Scribe and the slide bar seems 'vague' compared to the old version. I do a lot of proofing and I used to be able to slide the bar to the exact time I needed in order to listen to a blank or flag. Now I can only get to within the general area of about 30 seconds of the time I need. I'm wasting a lot of time sitting through dictation I don't need to listen to especially on tough sections that need repeated listens. Is there a preference or option to make this more 'tight' or some other way I can go directly to a specific time in a dictation?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

If there isn't a fix for this, is there somewhere to download the older version of express scribe?

I'm looking for the older version (specifically: 5.02). This latest version (5.16) keeps crashing on me.

I haven't been able to find version 5.02 available on the NCH site or elsewhere on the internet. Do you know how we could contact the developer? I would think it would be fairly simple for NCH to make 5.02 available to us.

Let's keep each other apprised of our progress, okay?