FIle Length Error

tfreestone

Lately when trying to open emailed .dct and .wav files recorded on a Palm Treo 600 using Palm dictate 1.04 and 1.05 beta, Express Scribe is not able to open and playback the files. The error message is a pop-up window that says "Unable to load dct file because of file corruption (length error). Please ask the dictator to send it again." The files play back perfectly on the Palm Treo 600. And I have tried sending the files using different SMTP servers and to different email servers to see if that would help, but it did not. Our CEO who likes the software has had to go back to his Dictaphone system while this is not working. Can you help?

• 2 months later...
Lately when trying to open emailed .dct and .wav files recorded on a Palm Treo 600 using Palm dictate 1.04 and 1.05 beta, Express Scribe is not able to open and playback the files. The error message is a pop-up window that says "Unable to load dct file because of file corruption (length error). Please ask the dictator to send it again." The files play back perfectly on the Palm Treo 600. And I have tried sending the files using different SMTP servers and to different email servers to see if that would help, but it did not. Our CEO who likes the software has had to go back to his Dictaphone system while this is not working. Can you help?

I have the same problem. In some cases I'm able to batch convert in WavePad and then I'm okay, in others it won't work.

• 3 weeks later...

I also am using Palm Treo 600 using Palm Dictate 1.04. I have tried both DCT and WAV files. Using DCT files I get the error as described by tfreestone. Using WAV files after about 24 seconds of play everything after is "garbled up" sound. After seeing the 24 second time length and reading the error message again I tried creating a dication file under 24 seconds and sending the DCT file again. Well, a 24 second DCT file worked! Looking through my real dication file all of the ones I'm having difficulty with are over 24 seconds. Please help resolve this issue NCH.

• 6 months later...
I also am using Palm Treo 600 using Palm Dictate 1.04.  I have tried both DCT and WAV files.  Using DCT files I get the error as described by tfreestone.  Using WAV files after about 24 seconds of play everything after is "garbled up" sound.  After seeing the 24 second time length and reading the error message again I tried creating a dication file under 24 seconds and sending the DCT file again.  Well, a 24 second DCT file worked!  Looking through my real dication file all of the ones I'm having difficulty with are over 24 seconds.  Please help resolve this issue NCH.

Using Treo 650. Same file lenght error. Dictation file (3.5 minutes) was not even emailed. It was copied to the SD card and then physically copied onto the desktop using the Scribe program.