Transferring Calls and taking them back: fails

KlyX

Hi everyone

I'm from Switzerland and I have the following problem:

I'd like to transfer EVERY incoming call to our business landline number. This works perfectly (our phone is ringing when the transfer starts), but what I'd like to do is taking the call back to IVM, if the person on the other didn't take the phone (after maybe 5 or 6 rings). But somehow, this seems not to work.

I tried it with the confirm transfer (but for me this sounds like: if it starts ringing, the transfer is confirmed), this does not work. Same thing for the "answer detect" option. It stays ringing and ringing and for IVM the transfer is answered after the first ring (log tells me: Call disconnected).

Where is my problem? Do I have to enter special settings for the Swiss lines?

Greetings

KlyX

I tried it with the confirm transfer (but for me this sounds like: if it starts ringing, the transfer is confirmed)
Strange, the confirmed transfer should ask the person being called to confirm they would like to answer (similar to when you receive a collect call from an operator). The answer detect may not work with Swiss ringing tones, I'm not exactly sure, but I can't see why IVM would assume the transfer was confirmed without getting the response from the callee.