HELP!

marc.a.alexander

Trying to convert my edited songs into MP3 but already appears in WAV format. Upon initially opening the song into the program it converts it automatically to WAV.

Im using Mac OS X.5 Leopard.

Help please!

=====================================

I will try.

If I understand your question, you have a song that is loaded into WavePad, but you want to convert this song to an mp3 format. In order to do this with WavePad, you need to use the "Save as" command from the File menu. When you click on "Save as," you will then be shown a dialog box, from which you can choose the folder on your hard drive that you want to save the mp3 file. After choosing this folder, you will have to choose the mp3 parameters for your file. These are the mp3 bit rate and the sampling rate. Use the sampling rate that comes with your original .wav file. I would suggest that you choose a bit rate of 128 kbps. When you have made your choices, choose OK (I am guessing that this is what the Macintosh dialog box shows) and WavePad will then save the .wav file as an mp3 file with your selected parameters.

I hope this answers your question, although I am not certain that I have interpreted it correctly. Since I no longer have a Macintosh computer, I do not know exactly the appearance of the dialog box, but this may be enough of an instruction to get you through. Good luck.

Musikone

• 2 weeks later...
Trying to convert my edited songs into MP3 but already appears in WAV format. Upon initially opening the song into the program it converts it automatically to WAV.

Im using Mac OS X.5 Leopard.

Help please!

"converting" ?

ummmm....when ever I'm trying to save a file after editing it

I clik file.....[ because cliking the save button, will save it as the default that I don't want ]

then go to "save file as"

then I CHOOSE mp3 AND I type a new name to the file [ this preserves the original file, if needed ]

after I verify the file is fine and I no longer need the original whether it is mp3 or wav, then I delete it.

hope that helps...