Help Manual missing

virginiajim

WavePad v . 3.05 Help Button won't load on a computer using Vista Home Premium. Instead a pop-up window appears that offers a Microsoft link with a fix. The fix consists of 2 possible downloads with no information about which to select. I selected the first, tried to install it and Vista said it wouldn't work... So I selected the second and it seemed to install. However, when I click the WavePad Help Button, the manual still does not load and now the pop-up with the link is missing, too. Instead a Windows pop-up appears that says the app.hlp Help File cannot be located. I suppose that's the file the Microsoft download should have installed. I searched the system, too, and found no such file. Just posting this for everyone to see in case anyone else has the same problem. I'm done here.

• 3 weeks later...
WavePad v . 3.05 Help Button won't load on a computer using Vista Home Premium. Instead a pop-up window appears that offers a Microsoft link with a fix. The fix consists of 2 possible downloads with no information about which to select. I selected the first, tried to install it and Vista said it wouldn't work... So I selected the second and it seemed to install. However, when I click the WavePad Help Button, the manual still does not load and now the pop-up with the link is missing, too. Instead a Windows pop-up appears that says the app.hlp Help File cannot be located. I suppose that's the file the Microsoft download should have installed. I searched the system, too, and found no such file. Just posting this for everyone to see in case anyone else has the same problem. I'm done here.

the answer may lay under tool and wavepad options where you CHOOSE or NAME the working file for wavepad,

I was getting weird anomalies and also got the same message directing me to microslut

I downloded the fix and renamed the working file to another location, not the default

now all is well.

no more anomalies and the help file now pops

but I still can't record with any software....