Can't Save MP3 Files In WavePad For Mac

RegularKid

I can't seem to figure out how to save .mp3 files for WavePad on the Mac. Is this a feature that isn't available on the Mac? I can open .mp3 files just fine, but when I try to save them back out it will only save them as .wav files and there doesn't seem to be an option to choose the save file type. Am I missing something? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot save to MP3 either on the Mac version. This software is ridiculous- not only do the advertised features only come with the Windows version; they do not even acknowledge that the Mac version is crippled. I will gladly pay to "upgrade" my software to the full version if MP3 output is enabled, but there is not even a clear guide as to what additional capabilities are enabled on the Mac version. Perhaps that incompetent, condescending admin will finally acknowledge that there is an issue with the Mac version and post a solution besides "simply go to save as... blah, blah, blah..." Oh yeah, he did say somewhere on here that features are being added to the Mac version, but failed to say what is going to be added, when it will be added, and what, exactly is missing from the Mac "free" version and Master Edition. Please just give a straight answer instead of a sarcastic, obtuse retort.

Ok, answered my own question... when you save the file you actually have to WRITE THE EXTENSION ".mp3" at the end of the filename, hit "save", then the mp3 encoding choices come up.

============================================

Did you discover this on your own, did you see it somewhere, did some other user answer the question in this (or any other) forum, or did someone at NCH tell you that this is necessary?

Musikone

• 2 weeks later...

regularkid;

It has to be the same for mac as for pc

just hitting the SAVE button is not the way to go

clik file

save file as

clik on "save as type"

the menu will drop down then choose

now clik of "file name"

that menu will drop down

choose a different name or add a letter or number to the end and then save