Low Volume Problem

yisraelkillian

I have created mp3 files from lectures that were recorded on magnetic tapes. The sound is not very loud or clear. I would like to make these files loud and clear. I've tried the different effects in Wave Pad, but I haven't been able to acheive what I'm after. I amplify and do a few other things and still does not sound very good. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks. Yisrael

I have created mp3 files from lectures that were recorded on magnetic tapes. The sound is not very loud or clear. I would like to make these files loud and clear. I've tried the different effects in Wave Pad, but I haven't been able to acheive what I'm after. I amplify and do a few other things and still does not sound very good. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks. Yisrael

======================

And _I_ would love to be able to wave my magic wand and turn lead into gold!!

Musikone

[Al is in Wonderland!]

Where residents never stop Wondering.......

• 1 month later...

you may have started out with recording it digitally too low

only you'd know what you did.

I understand they were too soft on tape, I'm referring to how high was the setting

on the line-in when you recorded it digitally? if that was too low, it'll be harder to fix.

because you'll have alot over overhead noise to scrub

and I'm saying you may have to re-record it first before getting it as clean as you want.

you may want to massage as you record then scrub again after.

by that I mean, find a software that will improve the clarity a bit

between the source tape and the recording device,

but don't make the recording so high/loud, that the sound starts clipping.

so, once it's recorded, then go back and try to remove what you can.

but I don't see wavepad doing that for you...sorry