restore recording from aud and grf after crash

Hello all,

I consider to recommend WavePad to my customers (lawers, taxadvisors...) for recording conferences and meetings. I tested the software last week. Unfortunately after some hours the computer stopped to respond. After reboot i found aud and grf files in the WavePad directory within the user profile. Is there any way to restore the recorded information? The meeting was very important to my customer and there are > 900 MBytes of information in the files.

I searched already the board but couldn't find any solution.

Best regards,

Steffen

Hello all,

after no reply to my question, how to recover huge .aud/.grf files, does someone knows a good recording software for Windows XP that supports voice activated recording to a common file format (like .wav or .mp3)? I need the opportunity to use the files even if the computer or software crashes during the meeting.

I (my customers) need the certainty not to loose any recorded data, because most of my customers are lawyers and taxadvisors with important requirements for proof. The tool should also be easy to use (record start, save ...). Price is minor matter for once :-)

Best regards,

Steffen

• 1 month later...
Hello all,

after no reply to my question, how to recover huge .aud/.grf files, does someone knows a good recording software for Windows XP that supports voice activated recording to a common file format (like .wav or .mp3)? I need the opportunity to use the files even if the computer or software crashes during the meeting.

I (my customers) need the certainty not to loose any recorded data, because most of my customers are lawyers and taxadvisors with important requirements for proof. The tool should also be easy to use (record start, save ...). Price is minor matter for once :-)

Best regards,

Steffen

I wouldn't trust software to completely hold up.

I've had too many screw up to trust the software completely, especially using vista, which I despise...

you may need a portable recorder that has a usb connector to then share files with others if necessary

goodluck

• 4 weeks later...
I wouldn't trust software to completely hold up.

I've had too many screw up to trust the software completely, especially using vista, which I despise...

you may need a portable recorder that has a usb connector to then share files with others if necessary

goodluck

I had this problem today and can't find any help with it... anybody able to assist?

Thanks

Chris

I agree that a portable recorder is your best bet. I use a device called the "H2 Handy Recorder". Recordings are stored on a removable SD card. These can be transferred to your computer directly from the recorder via USB or SD card reader. Once transferred you can edit them (if necessary) using WavePad.

H2 Portable Audio Recorder

http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/h2/