Normal playback speed/pitch is slightly slow/flat

Tiger3

Hi,

Wavepad is not playing back files at the correct pitch for me. I'm not talking about changing the pitch using an effect, I mean if Iopen wavepad, open a file and play it.

I did the following. Using a Boss DB-30 pitch generator I recorded a D into my Zen mp3 player and checked using my korg tuner that the note showed as a D. I transferred the mp3 file to my PC. If I play it back in iTunes or Windows Media Player it correctly plays a D. If I play the file using wavepad the D is very flat. Only if I recalibrate my tuner to 428Hz (from 440Hz) does the sound show as being an in tune D.

I have controls set to "Play at normal speed". I have used no effects. No other applications are running. I'm using a Sound Blaster Xi-Fi XtremeGamer sound card.

This is a real problem for me as I record my violin lessons, but when I try to play along at home, wavepad is very out of tune. Any suggestions on how to play files at the correct pitch would be appreciated (without editing them or applying effects)

Thanks,

Mark.

I would like to add that I am experiencing the same issue. The speed and pitch settings are each at 100%, though. It seems as though tweaking each of them by approximately 105% (or so) seems to correct the issue. If anyone finds a solution, please email me at scorpio1155 AT gmail (dot) com. Thank you! Steve

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I don't understand why it is, but I found a solution.

The original files were recorded at 16k samples/sec. If I save them at 48k samples/sec then playback is in tune with the original.

It looks like wavepad can playback at 48k/s just fine, but plays 16k/s a bit slow

Hope this helps someone.

Mark.

This happens over and over and over and over again.

I have answered this problem, THE MOST, of all the questions that I've answered.

go to ;

tools

options

audio processing

clik "use this specified folder"

then name your own folder and drive [ example - D:\audio\wavepad-working-folder ]

clik ok

Hi,

I don't understand why it is, but I found a solution.

The original files were recorded at 16k samples/sec. If I save them at 48k samples/sec then playback is in tune with the original.

It looks like wavepad can playback at 48k/s just fine, but plays 16k/s a bit slow

Hope this helps someone.

Mark.

Well, it looks like you've stumbled onto a fix, but I don't know how long that will work for.

if it comes back, try my solution in the post above.