Help with later version

kwaak

I just downloaded 4.19 version of Express Scribe and now I cannot simply "cursor" down to the next dictation like I could on the older version. I've tried everything and am quite frustrated. I would so appreciate anyone's help. M

I just downloaded 4.19 version of Express Scribe and now I cannot simply "cursor" down to the next dictation like I could on the older version. I've tried everything and am quite frustrated. I would so appreciate anyone's help. M

Whenever we have odd behavior with upgrading or installing different versions of Express Scribe, we do the following:

1. Using Control Panel, uninstall Express Scribe.

2. Navigate to your Program Files folder and make sure the following folder is gone: C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\Scribe. If it is still there, delete it manually.

3. Then manually delete any folders anywhere on your system which contain Express Scribe configuration. These can be in different locations depending upon your operating system, user setup and version of Express Scribe. For example, in Windows XP, it is in:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\Scribe

Be aware that by default this folder is hidden. If you cannot find it, you need to change your settings in My Computer->Tools->Folder Options->View and set it to show hidden files.

Then reboot your system and reinstall the new version. So far, this has worked every time we had problems with odd behavior in ExpressScribe and we support hundreds of users.

Jeanie B.