Unable to convert .rm or .wma files

Ed44

I have a Mac G4, dual 1.42 GHz FW800 with 2 Gig of RAM, running OS 10.4.10. I purchased Switch Plus v1.32 today and it's fully registered to my name (or so it says in the About Switch box).

I have a .wma and also a .rm file I want to convert into .mp3. Both files are stored on my desktop. When I go to Add Files, those files are greyed out and not selectable. I've tried moving them from the desktop into My Music folder and when I try to do an Add Files, they are still greyed out. I then put the two files into a separate folder on my desktop and tried to do an Add Folder and they are still greyed out.

The only way to get the files into the window is to drag and drop the file from the desktop into the List of Files to Convert box. With the .rm file, when I hit Convert, nothing happens and I get a red X in front of the file. When I try to convert the .wma file, the software crashes immediately.

Any suggestions on why this software won't work? I also rebooted my computer and it still does the same thing.

By the way, the .wma file is not copy protected. As for the .rm file, unfortunately I've discovered that the Mac version of Switch does not support ANY Real Audio file conversion. On the website it says it converts rm/ra/ram* files with the * meaning Windows only so I read that to mean the Mac version would convert both rm and ra files, just not ram files. Apparently this is an error other people have made too. When they read the list, they end up buying the software only to find the * applies to all the Real Audio formats.

do you have a real media player installed on your mac? not sure if you even can, but i think with an older version before on my PC i had to have rm player installed for the conversion to work.

not sayin this will solve your problem but just wanted to offer an idea that seemed to work wit my pc a long while ago..