Cannot record

Bridge

I am using Free download Wave Pad, with Windows XP home version.

I am able to select a track - song - from a music CD. I can click on play and the track will play.

I want to delete the first 44 seconds, record, save from there. and burn to a new CD.

I am in a time bind for puttting together a 50th anniversary - mine - slideshow, and don't have time to learn as I go - already spent 3 hours without luck.

How do I do that.

Thanks for all help!!!!

I would hope after 50 years, patience, if nothing else, would finally have become a virtue to cherish for it's own sake. But in the modern age I suppose we are all our own worst enemies.

Anyway, to answer your question...

Under the 'File' menu, select "Load Audio CD tracks"...

When the one you want is in the editor, highlight the first 44 seconds - holding down the left mouse button, as per normal.

Right-click the highlighted area and select "Delete" from the menu which appears.

(Now here you say "Record"... not sure what you mean by that... if you wish, you can insert a previously recorded section into the file using the editing tools until you end up with what you want.)

Save the file. It will offer default .WAV options of PCM 44kHz 16Bit Stereo, 172 kb/sec, etc. These are fine, so save it anywhere.

Go back to the "File" menu at the top again, and select "Copy All Open Files to CD" - Select "Audio" from the sub-menu. This will tell you to save the file again because it likes repeating itself.

Anyway, this will invoke Express Burn Plus (NCH's disc burning toy). If you don't already have it installed, it will do it automatically and run it.

Select your saved file(s), hit "Burn CD" and Bob's your uncle.

May God grant you many more.

(At least until you tire of this mortal coil.)

I would hope after 50 years, patience, if nothing else, would finally have become a virtue to cherish for it's own sake. But in the modern age I suppose we are all our own worst enemies.

When the one you want is in the editor, highlight the first 44 seconds - holding down the left mouse button, as per normal.

Right-click the highlighted area and select "Delete" from the menu which appears.

(Now here you say "Record"... not sure what you mean by that... if you wish, you can insert a previously recorded section into the file using the editing tools until you end up with what you want.)

Save the file. It will offer default .WAV options of PCM 44kHz 16Bit Stereo, 172 kb/sec, etc. These are fine, so save it anywhere.

Go back to the "File" menu at the top again, and select "Copy All Open Files to CD" - Select "Audio" from the sub-menu. This will tell you to save the file again because it likes repeating itself.

Anyway, this will invoke Express Burn Plus (NCH's disc burning toy). If you don't already have it installed, it will do it automatically and run it.

=========================================================================== :):)

Thank you young person! Thanks for the prompt reply and I will try your suggestion tomorrow.

I didn't marry until I was 27 , so this mortal life is becoming tired. So far in good health, looking forward to continuing for a while.

=========================================================

Hey, young person, you sure do know something.

I less thay 5 minutes I had the song burned on the CD.

My you live in peace!!!!!

Glad to be of service. Having just turned 40, I have my doubts about the "Young Person" moniker, but so it goes.

Also, not sure if I actually "know" anything at all... Montaigne, Gibbon, Messiaen - now these men knew things. I just know what buttons to push.

So it goes. :P

• 2 months later...

I have similar problems BUT

I save my project,

hit burn CD

or through the file menu,

it always downloads the plug in and the Burn software and sets it running

(yes it downloads it every time and the plug in)

NOW

I thought it would load the files I saved into the burn software and dot the whole job but its empty!

where do I select the files

how do I select the files?

I want to be automatic, not rumaging through where did I save those files, do I mean this one and all that

am I being silly?

You help or sympathy please

GN

I save my project,

hit burn CD

NOW

I thought it would load the files I saved into the burn software and dot the whole job but its empty!

I want to be automatic, not rumaging through where did I save those files, do I mean this one and all that

am I being silly?

GN

=====================================================================

Now that you offer a choice: sympathy.

Musikone

I save my project,

hit burn CD

NOW

am I being silly?

GN

well, I just tried it on mine

and express burn popped and the current file that was open in wavepad

was there in express burn ready to go....so, I don't know what's wrong with yours

you may want to reboot wavepad and start again