How long is the free version valid?

Leonardo

Today I received a message when I opened WavePad, which said that my free version was about to expire. When I downloaded WavePad some weeks ago I found no message about limited time of use so I was quite surprised. Or was the message I got today just an attempt to make me buy the paid version?

Best regards

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nchgb

It was probably the later. It does depend on which version you download as well: one will expire completely after the trial period has elapsed, the other will revert back to the free version.

• 7 months later...

:angry: I received a trial wavepad from you and wish i hadnt. i am trying to remove the program from my computer because it has taken over all my music file that were once useable by the windows media player. NOW through the add or remove control panel it CANNOT be removed. A quick pop up shows indicating a choice of removal but in a flash then disappears. I thought that a trial period meant that I would have a choice as to buy or dont buy. But to take over my whole computer and not allow me to delete is too much. NCH does not even have a contact facility unless you pay. How do i get rid of this over baring program and go back to the media player?????

It was probably the later. It does depend on which version you download as well: one will expire completely after the trial period has elapsed, the other will revert back to the free version.

Perhaps the message to which the poster refers should be rewritten to clarify the difference between these two versions, or to steer the user toward the explanation provided elsewhere.

gooroo

(sloshing throo the Goo)