HELP WITH EXPRESS SCRIBE AND SETTINGS

opipanope

I have been trying to get my express scribe set up to use FTP file attachments. I have put under "settings" the server name, username and password of my account. Do I also have to add the directory? When I test it it says server OK but the username and password not correct. That can't right because I use it to get into my account every day. Is there something else that I need to do? Getting very frustrating. Is there an easier way to get files from somone else to me? Thanks.

I have been trying to get my express scribe set up to use FTP file attachments. I have put under "settings" the server name, username and password of my account. Do I also have to add the directory? When I test it it says server OK but the username and password not correct. That can't right because I use it to get into my account every day. Is there something else that I need to do? Getting very frustrating. Is there an easier way to get files from somone else to me? Thanks.

One way is to download from FTP to desktop (or any place of your choosing) and then load into ES. Other benefit is you have a copy of the file in another place.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been trying to get my express scribe set up to use FTP file attachments. I have put under "settings" the server name, username and password of my account. Do I also have to add the directory? When I test it it says server OK but the username and password not correct. That can't right because I use it to get into my account every day.

Which version of Scribe are you running? There were fixes for FTP in v4.18.

http://www.nch.com.au/scribe/versions.html

• 1 month later...

Me too! Me too! :angry:

I just downloaded the v4.19. I have never had to enter FTP info into the older version, and assumed it was the address of the website I get my audio from, as I am CLUELESS! So, I entered it and the same thing happened as the OP, it said the server address was okay but not the PW or user name. But then it said it couldn't connect to the server. So I guess the address was not what they wanted?

And what is the directory I'm supposed to enter?

I am sorry, I am not a tech wiz. I just want to go into my work website and d/l the files and click on load like I used to be able to do and have my files! I do not want to monkey around loading files to the desktop when I s/b able to have it work right.

The people at work use a different system so they can't help me. Maybe I'll try what they got...

Improvements aren't improvements when they are so difficult.

Can someone please help me?

(I use XP Pro. )

TIA, JZ