Is anyone using IVM & Axon pbx with inphonex?

Raaf

Good afternoon,

We have been unable to use IVM & Axon since it will not transfer calls for clients that are using BroadVoice.

I have looked at inphonex since it is a reccomended provider for this software and I didn't see any restrictions on the software capabilities with this VoIP provider.

Does anyone have a stable install of IVM & Axon pbx running with inphonex as their provider?

If so:

1. Will the IVM answer and transfer call properly?

2. How do you like inphonex

3. This website mentioned the possibility of delays in the call. Has this been a problem for you?

4. Any other information, tips etc.?

If this works well with inphonex and inphonex service is quality we are hoping to use IVM and Axon in our next install.

Thanks again,

Here is a short review/summary of the Inphonex VoIP service by NCH: http://nch.com.au/phone/sipinfo/inphonex.html

1. There is no information regarding call transfers, but for the other VoIP providers that NCH reviews, they tend to indicate if they don't support the feature.

3. There are possibilities of delays, especially if you reside outside the USA (where they host their VoIP servers). Another provider I believe that forces calls to go through their servers is CallCentric, and I also experienced long delays and quality issues with their service, but I was in Australia, so that is more understandable.

Bottomline: There is not enough information for me to accurately conclude whether Inphonex (also known as VarPhonex) is a suitable solution for you. My best advice is to actually try it out and see if it works ok. You can actually get a free account from them (although it is not so obvious when you first look at their website), by going here: http://www.inphonex.com/reg/free-voip-calls.php

The free account should give you an idea of the quality/delays you should expect for calls on their system. I am not sure however if the free account will in fact support call transfers, so you may need a paid account to confirm whether the feature is supported if you can't get it to work with the free account.

• 4 weeks later...

i am currently using inphonex...

here is the issue i am having...

My outgoing OGM is really Chopy and i have tried just about everyhtin other then changing Service provider which is something i am currently thinking of doing....

i have tried a new computer

i have tried opening up ports and forwarding them... not sure if it did anything??????????????

i have tried a new router.......

only thing left is service provider..... thats what i'm going through....

• 3 weeks later...
i am currently using inphonex...

here is the issue i am having...

My outgoing OGM is really Chopy and i have tried just about everyhtin other then changing Service provider which is something i am currently thinking of doing....

i have tried a new computer

i have tried opening up ports and forwarding them... not sure if it did anything??????????????

i have tried a new router.......

only thing left is service provider..... thats what i'm going through....

i am using them too and also had the choppy problem.... it turned out that my choppy problem was the router i was using. i purchased two diffrent basic linksys routers and both had issues... so i decided to give the biz addition a try.. it fixed my choppy problems but have been faced with a whole mess of new issues... now i have alot of dropped calls which i am in the process of narrowing down where its the phone, computer, software or provider... i'll let you know how i make out...