converting music from 4 track

regisblue

Hi. I'm new to wavepad. I downloaded it to try and convert songs I have on a four track to cd. I attempted to do this by plugging in my four track, selecting line in on the recording mode, and can't get any sound or anything.....can I do this?

regisblue

Guest Guest
Hi. I'm new to wavepad. I downloaded it to try and convert songs I have on a four track to cd. I attempted to do this by plugging in my four track, selecting line in on the recording mode, and can't get any sound or anything.....can I do this?

regisblue

There's a couple of things you need to check. Can you hear your tape through the computer's speakers? If you can't, try moving it to the microphone input. Can you hear anything? Click on the "Open Windows Record Mixer" button on the Record Control Window of Wave Pad and click on the "Select" boxes to activate thte proper input. If you have a Sound Blaster card, you might also open Sound Blaster's own Sound Console to make sure the inputs are activated there. Different soundcards have different controls. Various sound cards have software that overrides Windows' sound controls. If you hear the sound through the computer, usually you'll be able to record it with Wave Pad.