PLEASE HELP! AUDIO PROBLEM ON HTC!

rsanabria80

Hello I have an HTC TyTN WM6, I can Dial, the phone to which I am Dialing Rings, but I can't hear nothing in either sides... Microphone in my device on Audio Wizard looks fine (but i can't hear anything on the other side), but Speakers don't seem to be working on my device for this software... I have a HTC TyTN phone with Windows Mobile 6. I have tried wearing a bluetooth headset and nothing either... Any Clues? Thank you!

Hello I have an HTC TyTN WM6, I can Dial, the phone to which I am Dialing Rings, but I can't hear nothing in either sides... Microphone in my device on Audio Wizard looks fine (but i can't hear anything on the other side), but Speakers don't seem to be working on my device for this software... I have a HTC TyTN phone with Windows Mobile 6. I have tried wearing a bluetooth headset and nothing either... Any Clues? Thank you!

Confirmed. Same problem here. It looks like the audio wizard picks up microphone sounds, I can see the meter fluctuating to sounds. But there is no sound output on the audio wizard. I've tried the Default Sound Output, Bluetooth, and Audio Output. When I make a VOIP call it does go through, however I can't hear anything on the TyTN and the recipient can't hear me either. Strangely, I can see the little speaker meter moving when I speak, as if it's reveresed with the microphone. There is no movement on the microphone meter whatsoever.

Otherwise the application looks pretty good and connects to my VOIP provider. Anyone with an HTC or even a Windows Mobile device able to get this application working?

• 1 month later...
Same here , no audio on HTC Titan/P4000/Mogul/6800 :unsure:

My HTC TyTN, on WM6, works fine with express talk. I am pleasantly surprised by the excellent voice quality. I find it much better then WM6 native client (not standard on the HTC), which is especially worse on 'my side'. On the receiving side the WM client is OK. Echo cancellation though does not work.

The user interface of Express Talk is much better. WM6 has none, and WM6 can not cope with multiple SIP accounts.

Problems I have is that the sound is routed through the hands free loudspeaker of the TyTN and that the green(start calling) and red (end) buttons do not work for calling. The speaker causes a lot of echo I think. I can not get it working through the embedded earphone of th HTC. I also tried it on an HP travel companion (a navigator), same result.

From what I have read on the Internet, I believe that SIP's 'not hearing'/'no sound' problems are caused by the setting of the router in use, for example caused by (non) port forwarding.

---edited

During installation ET complained about sym.ports or something, but it worked fine I also ran netcheck. It complains that ports 5060 and 5082 are blocked. ET runs fine though. My router is a special SIP enabled router (Fritzbox 7170), perhaps that's why.

My HTC TyTN, on WM6, works fine with express talk. I am pleasantly surprised by the excellent voice quality. I find it much better then WM6 native client (not standard on the HTC), which is especially worse on 'my side'. On the receiving side the WM client is OK. Echo cancellation though does not work.

The user interface of Express Talk is much better. WM6 has none, and WM6 can not cope with multiple SIP accounts.

Problems I have is that the sound is routed through the hands free loudspeaker of the TyTN and that the green(start calling) and red (end) buttons do not work for calling. The speaker causes a lot of echo I think. I can not get it working through the embedded earphone of th HTC. I also tried it on an HP travel companion (a navigator), same result.

From what I have read on the Internet, I believe that SIP's 'not hearing'/'no sound' problems are caused by the setting of the router in use, for example caused by (non) port forwarding.

---edited

During installation ET complained about sym.ports or something, but it worked fine I also ran netcheck. It complains that ports 5060 and 5082 are blocked. ET runs fine though. My router is a special SIP enabled router (Fritzbox 7170), perhaps that's why.

Same problem here. Audio is broken. Got this nasty NAT thing when checking networks. I used also a Fritzbox 7170 - PDA is a HTC Trinity with WM5.

Want to get it running because ET should have a really amazing Echo Cancellation and is really fast.

@Dick99999: Can you tell us your settings you have made in in the line, network1 and 2 tab? Thanks in advance.

Same problem here. Audio is broken. Got this nasty NAT thing when checking networks. I used also a Fritzbox 7170 - PDA is a HTC Trinity with WM5.

Want to get it running because ET should have a really amazing Echo Cancellation and is really fast.

@Dick99999: Can you tell us your settings you have made in in the line, network1 and 2 tab? Thanks in advance.

Line 1 (commercial SIP provider account)

NO tick for 'use default....'

friendly: 123 4567 ( a local number)

sip number: 0123456789 (local number with area code)

server: sip.provider.nl

password : **********

adv setting:

tick use specified server as outbound

authentication:

tick use different username

auth id: 12345 (provider supplied username in my case my tel number)

Line 2 (voipbuster account)

NO tick for use default

friendly: VB

server: sip.voipbuster.com

adv set:

Tick use specified server as outbound

authentication

Tick use different username

auth id: abcdefgh (provider supplied username in my case my tel number)

Network: not modified, default

Line 1 (commercial SIP provider account)

NO tick for 'use default....'

friendly: 123 4567 ( a local number)

server: sip.provider.nl

adv setting:

tick use specified server as outbound

authentication:

tick use different username

auth id: 12345 (provider supplied username in my case my tel number)

Line 2 (voipbuster account)

NO tick for use default

friendly: VB

server: sip.voipbuster.com

adv set:

Tick use specified server as outbound

authentication

Tick use different username

auth id: abcdefgh (provider supplied username in my case my tel number)

Network: not modified, default

OK, your settings are the same as mine. When you run "Network Setup Wizard", do you get this symetric NAT stuff?

Which version of FritzBox Fon do you use?

OK, your settings are the same as mine. When you run "Network Setup Wizard", do you get this symmetric NAT stuff?

Yes, I get the symmetric 'error'. Other SIP phones though say that I have symmetric ports or something...

Using the Fritzbox 7170, annex A, latest firmware update. SYncs at around 13 mbit/sec

@all and espeacially @developers:

i tried following: Installing Express Talk on my PC with the very same settings as at PDA.

I also get the symmetric NAT error or warning here during network check. Nevertheless, the software works pretty good. Also with Audio.

I have a logitech webcam connected to the USB port with a built in microphone. I can setup calls and iam able to hear all the stuff of the other side and he can hear what i have to say. Works really nice.

Though, there is another problem with the PDA which has nothing to do with the router. Have you got any ideas?

@all which have same problems: Can you do the same: download the PC version install it an d try it there?

Edit: Iam currently through all audio settings on the PDA and the microphone dont work any more. The level meter dont shows any progress.... Where can be the problem? I can switch between default Sound In and audio input. Both dont work. Iam currently not sure if they had worked once.

[............]

Edit: Iam currently through all audio settings on the PDA and the microphone dont work any more. The level meter dont shows any progress.... Where can be the problem? I can switch between default Sound In and audio input. Both dont work. Iam currently not sure if they had worked once.

There is a setting on WM6 pro for auto gain control. If that's on, the mike levels cannot be changed in my case.

• 6 months later...
OK, your settings are the same as mine. When you run "Network Setup Wizard", do you get this symetric NAT stuff?

Hello there, It seems I have same audio problems as you have folks! ET works and rings properly but I cannot hear anything, it says " check your NAT" ports forbidden for Rtp "

Can anyone help me in this matter ?

I would be very grateful

I am using sip voipdiscount

hope to get any advise from you falks, thank you :huh:

There is a setting on WM6 pro for auto gain control. If that's on, the mike levels cannot be changed in my case.

AUDIO problems

Hello there, It seems I have same audio problems as you have folks! ET works and rings properly but I cannot hear anything, it says " check your NAT" ports forbidden for Rtp "

Can anyone help me in this matter ?

I would be very grateful

I am using sip voipdiscount

hope to get any advise from you falks, thank you

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Confirmed same problem with HTC Fuze/HTC Touch Pro.

Had this problem for quite a while. But must add that once, randomly, it worked... go figure I made no config changes on the phone side or router.

Works on my HTC TyTn II bu ti have a problem with my SIP provided becaue when i pick up the call the connection is dropped instead to hear the opposite side.