error: The Selected drive does not exist

brentb

I have Express Burn 4.05 and Windows XP Pro. I get this error: "The Selected drive does not exist" after attempting to burn an Audio CD from WAV files. Prior to getting that error, I am not able to designate which drive is my writing drive. After the program shows Scanning for available drives; I try to expand the drop down for options - it just flashes with nothing in it. When clicking on Properties for the drive in My Computer, it is recognized as a CDR-RW drive with recording capabilities. I also get prompted for an ISO image prior to burning. I'm not completely clear what that is (album data and art?), but I believe I read that is only applicable to the upgrade version. What can I do to get around this error and use the software as it is intended? Thank you in advance. So far I really like the Switch and Wavepad software, and the Express Burn seems to be a good thing, once I get past this issue. Thanks again. Brent

Are you certain that you have a CD/DVD burner installed and functional in your computer?

Thanks for the post NCHGB. I have the same CDR-RW drive in the same computer that I had when it worked successfully with a Roxio program. As I noted in my initial post, when I click on 'My Computer' on my desktop, and then go into 'Properties' for that drive, under the 'Recording' tab, everything looks good and recording is enabled. If I can't get it to be recognized and burn a disk with this software, how else could I test it to see if it is functional? The last computer science class that I took was in 1984. I believe Pascal was the language of the time. Thanks for your help and patience.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the post NCHGB. I have the same CDR-RW drive in the same computer that I had when it worked successfully with a Roxio program. As I noted in my initial post, when I click on 'My Computer' on my desktop, and then go into 'Properties' for that drive, under the 'Recording' tab, everything looks good and recording is enabled. If I can't get it to be recognized and burn a disk with this software, how else could I test it to see if it is functional? The last computer science class that I took was in 1984. I believe Pascal was the language of the time. Thanks for your help and patience.

Don't have an answer Brentb, but I do have the same problem. I'm running XPPro with a Samsung SW 208B CD writer.

Control panel says its working properly, and Media Player can write to it. Steinberg 'Clean' can find it and write to it, but its a pain coming out of Wavepad into Steinberg just to burn the CD.

Maybe I should have tested this before buying Express Burn, but sinse I had an evaluation copy that timed out just before I changed the drive, it wouldn't let me.

Anyway, if anyone has an answer, I'd be pleased to hear from them