skelic

skela

Hi!

> When I have activated software I get attemption:

> The software licence purchased does not allow you to use the number of lines(1 hardware+ 10 voip),Voice Mailboxes(5)or OGMs(0)you are currently attempting to use. Please check you dont have any unnecessary lines, ogms or Mailboxes.

>

> Your current licence allows 3 lines,30 Voice Mailboes and 70 OGMs,

> You can purchase an upgrade online at discount pricing at www.nch.com.au/upgrade

> If you do not purchase an upgrade you must reduce the number lines, OGMs,or Mailboxes to continue to use the software.If you dont purchase and registerwithin 24 hours IVM will exit automatically.

>

> I was reading your advices in the case of the problems with the software and I have found information tha I have to reduce the number of the voip lines. I have reduced. But, problem is still here, is error in that what is installed hardware (modem) for 1 outside fix telephone line?

> I would like to order TELECTA USB4, would that solve my problem? I am planing to have 3 outside analog lines . Please for the help what should I do?

This not a hardware problem, it's a license issue. Your version of IVM allows up to 3 registered phone lines. Here is how IVM counts phone lines:

1. IVM counts each land line configured through a modem as a line.

2. IVM counts each VoIP line configured as a line.

3. On each line, any allowed simultaneous call passed 1 counts as an additional line.

So, when you go to Settings --> Telephony --> Line properties there is a tab called "Account". There's a field called "number of simultaneous calls allowed". Basically, if you entered 2, this would allow your VoIP line to have two active calls at the same time. This is up to your phone provider as to whether it supports this.

My guess is that you have a VoIP line configured with 10 simultaneous calls allowed. IVM counts each one of these as a separate line and therefore you are breaching your license's 3 line limit. Check the settings for your VoIP line and set it to 2. Then you'll have "lines (1 hardware+ 2 voip)" for a total of 3. Be sure to turn answering mode "On" after this and you should be good to go!

Hope this helps!

PS- This continues to be the case until you purchase the enterprise version with 64 lines. Then you can actually have an unlimited number of VoIP lines registered, assuming you have the bandwidth and cpu to support it. For example, you could have 100 VoIP lines registered with 100 simultaneous calls allowed on each and you wouldn't breach the license.