Bookmarks to individual files

Tromba

I've been working on this problem for nearly a week. I load a file (let's call it Beethoven Symphony No 12) and I put bookmark in 4 places, at the start of each movement. I look at the Bookmark list and name each one:

• Beethoven Symphony 13   I Allegro
  • Beethoven Symphony 13   II Andante
  • Beethoven Symphony 13   III Scherzo
  • Beethoven Symphony 13   IV Presto
  • (Yes, I know he didn't write 13 symphonies :)

Now I split at bookmarks. Now I want each of those splits to be exported as a separate file.

One would think the the Save to Folder in the Split File to Multiple Parts would do that. I can specify the output location, but there should be 4 output names. But default the name of the whole file is there (Beethoven Symphony No 13)  and what I get is

• Beethoven Symphony 13_01.wav
  • Beethoven Symphony 13.wav_.wav

Seeing multiple files in the same folder with the same name also baffles me. If I open these files I can then find out what they are and rename them, but I REALLY want Wavepad to name them with the BOOKMARK name.

Now instead of saving to File I can select Open in Editor and this gives me a bunch of Beethoven Symphony 13 tabs at the top

I've also tried creating Regions by trying to click exactly on the Bookmark and drag to exactly the next bookmark, but it's difficult to hit these bookmark lines exactly. It needs some snap to line or something. I have to rename the region as it can't pick it up from the bookmarks. Overall this seems to work but is somewhat cumbersome.

If I could double click between bookmarks to highlight that area and then set as a region this would be more accurate

Am I missing something?

Just for comparison, on my other computer I use Adobe Audition (which I can't use on my new computer because Adobe won't authorize my legitimate license) -- Once I have the bookmarks (or markers in this case) all I need to do is select them all, merge them and then export all to separate files with the marker name - 3 clicks (which is what I'm trying to do with WavePad - export to separate files with the bookmark name)

Test this method...

Split at the movement boundaries, which will create a tab for each.

Select tab 1.  Click the Menu (top-left), then FILE | SAVE AS.

Give it a name and save to the folder of your choosing.

Repeat with each selected tab.

The result will be separate files, named as you desire.