No audio when recording video

johnallred

I'm trying to "Record Video" on a Mac, Sonoma 14.5.

The audio level meter shows input, but there's no sound. When I play the recorded video there is no audio track (not a blank audio track, no audio track). I've checked all settings i can find and everything seems to be as it should be.

(I have no problem recording from the same source to Quicktime, but VideoPad has much better features.)

Any suggestions?

Are you using the latest Mac release?  Give it a try.  Ignore any virus warnings.

For one-time licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee is required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.  If there's an issue, you can always revert.

I suppose I should switch to the DEBUT forum, but... I discovered DEBUT & thought I'd found my solution- since all I want to do is digitize a bunch of VHS tapes. When I click on "Device" though it says "No valid capture device could be found". I double checked. VideoPad finds my capture device just fine.

I tried tech support, but was informed that I can only get support if I purchase. I don't see anything about a trial period though, and frankly I don't want to purchase unconditionally if I'm not sure it will work.

I meant tech support for VideoPad. I was able to open a ticket for Debut, but VideoPad (strangely enough) seems to have more options for recording video quality (and corresponding file size.) It appears though that paying for the license that I need to get support commits me to the purchase whether or not I can get it to work.

Sorry I haven't made it more clear, but my support issue is with VideoPad, NOT Debut. (I already found a Debut post with the same issue.) I would prefer to use VideoPad. Can you link me to a trial release for VideoPad?

The link above to the latest Mac version should function as a trial for a period of time.

In most cases, there's no need to uninstall the current version - just over-install - but that may not be the case there.

Try this link.